1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

890 Jump concept art image

Discussion in 'Star Citizen Public Discussion' started by Asp, 21 Jul 2014.

1. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    [​IMG]

Looks like a Star Destroyer

2. I was resisting posting this due to the crap that's going down on the subreddit, but it seems they are being posted on wiki sites.

That being said, this thing will be incredibly awesome.

3. Ben came into the subreddit and straightened things out.

Good looking ship! :thumbsup:

4. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    My wallet just ran and hid from me.

5. Judging by what's been said on the internet, I would assume the size of the 890 Jump is comparable to the RSI Constellation, given that it has a "boat bay"; most likely to allow for a single 300-series to be docked.

6. But you're the CEO! Doesn't the CEO get a luxury space yacht?

7. I know the CFO will....

8. no doubt ,embezzled funds......people go to jail for that kind of shit you know

9. Once again no reason to make assumptions when the facts are staring you in the face. Based on the current ship stats on the RSI page, the 890 Jump is nearly twice the size in mass to the connie, has 6 x TR6 engines to the Connies 4 x TR6, 12 x TR3 to the connies 8xTr3 maneuver thrusters, same crew compliment/shields/powerplant. The only thing the Connie has over it is 80 more cargo units and a few more weapon hardpoints. The only real speculation about the 890 at this point is the "boat bay"

10. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    I have one already.
    The Porkchop Express.
    The 890 will be the party barge not unlike Jabba's sail barge. But without the 2000lb Hutt lying around.

11. That's a lot of freight units

12. It's not easy reading ship specs on an iPad; the site really hasn't been optimised to run in such a resolution, so I apologise if I haven't been able to compare the two ships properly. That said, being twice the size of a Constellation, I'm not sure I want to spend $600 should CIG decide to sell it.

13. oh trust me, cig will sell it......trust me......they can't leave a cash cow off the table

14. Now it is bigger in mass, so just heavier, physically by dimensions it is not that much larger in size. And seeing as The Banu is considerable larger then the Connie and the 890 only went for $250 I wouldn't expect a price higher then that.

15. but it is a "niche" ship, so they could warrant a bigger price, but i do believe it will not be over 225