1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Join us in Rust!

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by nachtwolf17, 28 Jan 2014.

1. We have a Rust server now!

[​IMG]

When you open the game, hit "F1" to bring to bring up the console and type:

net.connect 66.223.16.6:30215

It should show up in your history after that. The server is currently public and open. It is located in Atlanta. Using Oxide for a modding platform.

NEW RULES & WIPE 3/15/2014
    • PVP
    • Hardcore mode! No C4 or military weapons. Pistols and default weapons only. Use grenades to blow through a door.
    • No metal building parts.
    • Sleepers on
    • Instacraft
    • Type /location to see your coordinates or go to http://www.rustnuts.com/ to view your location in real time.
    • Starter kits are on. Type "/kit starter" to redeem
    • Door sharing: Type /share "player name" to share all current and future doors with another player. /unshare "player name" to unshare doors.
    • Lowered decay rate.
    • Half durability rate.
    • Remover Tool: Type /remove in the chat to be able to remove your owned structures (foundation must have been placed by you). Type it again to turn it off.
    • Type /help for more commands.

Don't forget to vote for our server to increase our population!
    Type '/voted' in chat afterwards to receive a Supply Signal and other rewards.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: 16 Mar 2014
  2. Looks neat $20, maybe I will grab a copy when I get paid next.

And the game has been out a month and mods are already out :( does oxide need to be downloaded to play on your server.

Last edited: 28 Jan 2014
  3. No other downloads necessary. All server side.

4. The mods installed are very basic. It has mods already because it's Source engine and all are coded in LUA.

5. Guess it is good it is PvE, not reading very good things about the community lol Actually I am not reading anything encouraging even about PvE.

Last edited: 28 Jan 2014
  6. Yeah, it is very close to DayZ when PvP is on. If griefing becomes an issue, we can always password it. Player kills are sent out to everyone on the server, so if for some reason the PvE flag does not work as intended, we can just ban the griefers.

7. Just a fair warning, I don't know if this has been changed but the last time I played on a PVE server sleepers could still be killed

8. Sleepers can easily be turned off. Just let me know what everyone thinks.

9. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Awesome!

A few ?'s...
    Do we have a base location already in the works? If so, where?
    Can we have multiple sethomes like in Minecraft?

10. Yes we have a base location and yes you can have your own home....your home position where you respawn to is set by where your sleeping bag is located.

11. Once you guys have the main complex complete we can lay out spike walls to start the town.

12. Made some changes. See if the /home and /sethome works. I believe at the moment you can only have 1 location.

13. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

14. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

I have been playing on an open server with some friends from one of my gun boards. Nothing official. Had a falling out between 2 sides, those who want to raid and those who didnt. I dont think you can remain anonymous on a Rust server, it is at its heart a PVP game. Anyways, it being an open server we usually have 70+ on a night and it becomes almost impossible to harvest or do anything unless you roll with a group that have M4's and Bolt Actions.

Would like to get into this with some Dragonwolves.

Is this just a side project for you guys, or will there be active participation for some time?

The reason I ask is because anyone that has played Rust will know, once the server has been up for a few days and everyone has learned the weapons, metal parts and C4, things can get quite hairy if you dont roll in a group.

Also, I noticed you state it is a PVE server. Will there be organized raids on other bases and organized PVP events. Just wondering because I am curious what there is to do once you know all the recipes and can craft everything and have abase setup. Whats the endgame, I guess thats my question?

Something I always wanted to run on a Rust server was contest. Like a Bow and Arrow contest, everyone start in a certain location and have a PVP free for all with just Bows. Or a Wild West action campaign. Cowboys with Bolt Actions and Revolvers VS Indians with Bows. Could make it so the Cowboys have a finite amount of ammo and less people vs more players with bows and more ammo.

I dunno, just ideas.

Last edited: 31 Jan 2014
  15. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

I think the server is down.

It is 8:20 CST and its not showing on my history.

16. Sentrosi

Officer
    Server is a victim of a DDOS attack. Still down as of 10pm EST

17. So, people can be assholes without even logging on. Awesome.

18. Sentrosi

Officer
    Some people just want to see the world burn.

19. New Rust patch today. No more zombies!

February 6th Update
    FEBRUARY 6

Zombies Were Removed

Yep. We did it. We decided we couldn’t hold off any longer. The longer we keep zombies in – the more complaints we’d get about removing them. We are forcing ourselves to deal with it. We are no longer a zombie survival game! They’ve been replaced with red bears and wolves. You hate them. We know. They’re just plugging a gap for now. All will be revvvealed.

Wildlife Was Improved

• No longer exploitable by walking backwards
    • Fears hostile wildlife
    • Reacts to gunshots
    • Hostile wildlife retreats if it cannot find a path to you
    • Wildlife should not jump up and switch to random angles anymore
    • Removed white wolf

Resource Objects Were Improved

• Added new models for wood & stone resources
    • Wood & stone resources change model to indicate their quantity
    • Added another stone resource – contains mostly stone

Other Changes

• Fixed bugs with the level (such as rocks intersecting buildings)
    • The ‘oil tank’ area has been modified with cover
    • Workbenches make you craft faster when standing next to them
    • Added new player animations
    • Improved melee attack animations
    • Grass textures have been improved
    • Footstep sounds will never play the same sound as the one previously played
    • Added locked backpacks and lockpicks test ( off by default )
      • When you die your backpack is locked for everyone else but you for a time
      • Someone else can use a lockpick tool to bypass this time
      • Lockpick tools are a default blueprint
      • You can’t use lockpicks on doors
      • the amount of time the backpack is locked for is per-server and can be set with the command player.backpackLockTime seconds
      • The amount of time the backpack is locked for is per-server and can be set to 0

Known Issues

• there are a small number of areas with what seems like invisible walls
    • there are one or two rocks without collision
    • there used to be about 200 wolves in one area of the map, we fixed it, though.

Last edited: 7 Feb 2014