1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Multicrew and dogfighting

Discussion in 'Star Citizen Public Discussion' started by NuclearMessiah, 22 Jul 2014.

1. So I was looking over the Scout artwork and we reading over its combat forms and where the dedicated gunner is situated and what that will mean for Dogfighting.

I mean outside the larger ships the Super Hornet, Gladiator, and Scout are 2 man fighters and should add an interesting dynamic to the dogfighting formula.

This is the pic that got me thinking
    [​IMG]

It is apparent at least for the scout that the gunner will be able to cover the rear while the pilot has his forward facing guns and concentrates on being a pilot.

Now assuming that the Hornet and Gladiators top Ball turret has a 360 degree firing arc (it may not) it will be interesting to see how players have to adapt to engaging those targets from vectors either above or below the frames to avoid the turrets. This concept can of course be applied to the larger drafts Cutlass and up that will have similar coverage.

Its just nice to see a change in the usual circle of death dogfight where all you try to do is jockey to get behind someone.

2. Just theroycraft :) but if anyone can find it the tactics the Luftwaffe used in WW2 to engage large bombers might be fairly relevant to targets with multiple firing arcs.