1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

New Article: #NotMyCitizen

Discussion in 'Star Citizen Public Discussion' started by Ricoxg, 19 Nov 2014.

1. Ricoxg

Ricoxg DragonWolf

2. While I'm not happy about Wingman leaving, I don't believe it's by any means to be worried. Another problem that arises with being so close to a dev team is when someone leaves everyone notices. Not to forget, there are factors beyond just the game and it's development that are much bigger and more important to a decision like that. From the start I always figured they would have to stop listening at some point, and I trust they know how to make their own game by now.

Like I've always said, people should just let them make the game.

3. Ricoxg

Ricoxg DragonWolf

That'd be fair if they hadn't taken money from folks to do it. The important thing here is that they have $60 mil free and clear, with zero accountability. That means you have to work to a different standard than your normal dev team. It's like ordering a pizza for delivery. They advertise a product, you buy it, they make it to order and deliver it to you. If what gets delivered is wildly different from what you ordered, they haven't really been honest, and that's a problem.

Now, some changes have to be made, and that makes sense. But it's 100% fair to question it. Otherwise, you might get several hundred custom PC cases from Alienware and pay a truckload in royalties to a certain British car show for a video... oh wait, that might have actually happened.

Oh, and yeah. Eric's leaving is a pretty major deal. People really don't get how critical he's been to the process to this point. He's got way more experience than Chris or anyone else in actually making games with something like 30 titles to his credit, and he provided a great deal of soul to the effort. I'm not saying the game's going to be a failure, but Eric's leaving is going to have a dramatic impact.

4. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Can you be my Uncle Rico? lol

Good article once again Rico.
    I really enjoy how you offer both sides of the issues and put your spin on them. And it's never in typical fanboyish behavior either.
    I did kind of have to chuckle at you comment at the end of the piece; about it being 'your game'. When I backed this game I didn't get a golden ticket or anything like that. I backed the game, and continue to do so through subscriber perks, simply because I believe that this game can be THE game. Now, it is very naive of me to think this way as I did the same thing with Planetside 2. When you backed it you were already forming the basis for this game. For that I thank you. And it's pieces like this that make Chris Roberts stand in front of a mirror and question the direction. Questioning direction is always good. It sets you on the right path.

Ricoxg likes this.
  5. While I am saddened to see Eric Peterson leave CIG, I don't feel there is anything to it besides what he stated. Chris Roberts wanted him and the other to locate to LA and he didn't want to uproot his family and I can respect that. I don't think his absence is indicative of any ill health on the SC project, just business.

Anyways great article and keep them coming :)

6. Ricoxg

Ricoxg DragonWolf

There isn't much more than what he stated, and they have a good relationship. He's even running some of his new effort on CIG hardware while he gets his stuff stood up.

I don't think there's any conspiracy to it. I'm just not crazy about it because Eric was a pretty massive part of the development, and if we're honest about it, a lot better at that than Chris is. Not that I could ever say any of that publicly. lol

7. Really good article!

I haven't been doing the best job of keeping up with things lately, and this really helped catch me up. Thanks :)

Ricoxg likes this.