1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Overwatch new FPS by Blizzard

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by NuclearMessiah, 7 Nov 2014.

1. Would make a cool Pixar movie lol

Looks to be along the line of Team Fortress 2 with a super hero/villian vibe

2. OVERWATCH / 7 NOV 2014
    BLIZZARD'S CANCELLED MMO TITAN BECAME OVERWATCH
    Share.
    The two share a spiritual continuity.CASSIDEE MOSERDuring a Q&A session at Blizzcon 2014, it was revealed that the cancelled MMO Titan eventually became the recently-announced FPSOverwatch.

According to Blizzard's Chris Metzen, the shift in ideas during the development of Titan eventually morphed into an entirely new game.

"We [Blizzard] decided internally to go another way," said Metzen. "What really happened was we decided to go this way. Overwatch is a very different game than what we were planning to build."

Metzen claims there's a spiritual continuity between Titan and Overwatch, and some of the ideas used in the FPS are borrowed from the canceled sci-fi MMO.

Overwatch is a team-based, 6v6 multiplayer shooter taking place on a near-future Earth, starring an "elite international task force" fighting for liberty in all nations. Currently, no overarching narrative is planned, although Blizzard has said they "have some ideas on how to do story."

A PC beta for Overwatch is currently planned for 2015. When asked about the possibility of it coming to consoles, the team vaguely suggested they'd like it to be played in multiple places, saying "We would love to see Overwatch played on whatever it can be played on."

It's likely the game will be free-to-play, although Blizzard was hesitant to comment, saying they were "not really talking about the business model today."

After seven years in development, Titan was cancelled due to the team's lack of enthusiasm for the project.

Check back for more updates and our impressions of Overwatch from Blizzcon 2014. [​IMG]

MORE FROM BLIZZCON 2014
    [​IMG]BLIZZCON 2014: 5 FACTS ABOUT OVERWATCH

[​IMG]BLIZZCON 2014: BLIZZARD'S NEW GAME IS 'OVERWATCH,' BETA IN 2015

[​IMG]BLIZZCON 2014: STARCRAFT 2: LEGACY OF THE VOID IS A STANDALONE GAME
    [​IMG]BLIZZCON 2014: HEARTHSTONE GOBLINS VS. GNOMES ANNOUNCED

[​IMG]BLIZZCON 2014: CHOOSE HORDE OR ALLIANCE IN WARCRAFT MOVIE SITES

[​IMG]BLIZZCON 2014: NEW WORLD OF WARCRAFT IN-GAME PET TO BENEFIT EBOLA AND RED CROSS

Cassidee is a freelance writer for various outlets around the web. You can chat with her about all things geeky on Twitter.

IN THIS ARTICLE
    OVERWATCH RELEASES TBA 2015
    PC

WIKI GUIDE
    OVERWATCH WALKTHROUGH

Collectibles

Cheats and Secrets

17 PAGES

3. I also thought it had a touch of Monday Night Combat. The Team Fortress is strong in this one, though.

4. If anyone wants to play, hit me up. Always an honor stopping by. :p
    Lanegan#1643

5. nilkilla#1707 here. I'm usually on nightly with 3-6 friends on mumble. Message me on Blizzard if any of you ever want in. Adding you now Muted

6. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Jen and I are playing. Hit us up on Discord :)

7. Stick#1424 :D

8. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    So, through a glaring mishap on my part, Overwatch is on my newer Blizzard account. Friend me at Sentrosi.1603. Updating the spreadsheet as well.

9. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    doh! Will add ya.

10. Traceroute

Traceroute DragonWolf

Traceroute#1198 for me! just got Overwatch recently!