1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

43,200 dead in US

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by KickedOut, 25 Dec 2006.

1. Was watching this tramua show on MSNBC tonight mainly about people who die in accients or get injured really badly.

So I went onto the Net to see if I could find some official info. Kinda is sicking to think of more people have probally died in car accidents then in most recent wars combined.

Here is a little quote I grapped from this reasearch site,

Here is the site
    http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov

and a PDF linky incase you miss it at the botom.
    http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/PPT/2006/810583.pdf

Be safe this New yr :D

2. I have to wonder what % of those killed every year in car crashes were in fact wearing their seatbelts. I love how they say its preventable when I think the percentage of those wearing seatbelts and of vehicles equipped with air bags has all gone up every year and deaths just continue to rise. A seatbelt and airbag is not going to protect you from a guy driving a semi falling asleep and rolling right over you. Every year there are more cars built and kids getting on the roads for the first time. Plus older ppl are living longer and driving longer, (man I hate getting stuck behind them! lol). Traffic is horrible now, I can't wait for 10 more years from now.

3. I hate old drivers... Kids under 16 (varying from state to state) aren't allowed to drive, why should a senile 80 year olds be allowed to when their ability to manage a vehicle is probably much worse than said 16 year olds.

4. U2 will be an old man one day :D

5. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

It used to be (when I lived in an area with a lot of old people) I could get into an accident with an old person and not have it be my fault at least a couple times a week..... A few times were extra tempting.... old people in jags..... I could ahve paid for school! Damn my quick reflexes!

and then you hear stories on the news of whole families that are wiped out by some old driver.... :eek:

It boggles the mind.