1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

A 'Bad' mouse for gaming...?

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by PumpMonkey, 21 Dec 2001.

1. Ok - here's my dilemma, I’ve just installed a new mouse (a Logitech dual optical). The damn thing twitches, even when I’m not touching it. I’ve installed the software, and messed with the pre-sets some but it still does it. I figure that it’s partially due to my wife’s POS desk that the machine sits on…
    So – I load up TRIBES2…. While loading all servers (with a cable modem) the mouse leapt to the MENU button in the lower left of the screen. Time and again. It performed this function without any assistance or movement on my part. Other than to move the mouse AWAY that is. I could discern NO pattern. In the game proper it seemed to work just fine for the first couple minutes… So I went into my inventory settings to change an armor layout…as I clicked on the pack drop-down menu; the weapons (in real time) started cycling. I do NOT have my mouse wheel set to that function.

I gave up.

My plan is to go back to the “el-crappo” mouse that I am was using, unless someone has some advice…(preferably one that can offer a solution more constructive than soaking the mouse in rancid cat-piss…)

Any serious assistance?? Thanx~!

~PM~

“There are three kinds of people in the world; those who can count and those who cannot.”

2. A dual optical? Are you saying that there are TWO optical sensors on the bottom of the mouse?

I can probably explain the jumping to the button...that is a feature you can turn off and on I believe, called Snap to Default, it is moving to the first index in the list of buttons.

The mouse twitches? Maybe you need to turn your mouse sensivity down, or get a better desk :D

3. exchange for a new rat

4. Funny, I have a Logitech optical on my 2nd puter, and was trying to play T2 on it. Left mouse is fire, right is 'fly' or whatever ya wanna call it. I found that with the Logitech mouse, (but not my M.S. mouse), if I hit fire button in flight, I 'lose lift' almost like I had taken my finger OFF the button...and it wont operate again till I take finger off the button and press it again.

5. jus outta curiousity...........what OS you guys using

6. #1. YES - it has two (2) optical sensors in it. I will try the 'snap' option... thanx~!
    #2. I use a single optical Logitech @ work and have had no probs...
    #3. My home machine is running Win98se/2000k (dual boot) but I will prolly change that soon, the Work machine runs ME.
    #4. And yes, I'm getting a new desk, delivered on the 24th... (merry X-mas to me from my wife~!)
    #5. Also - it's one of those that has the 3rd button for the thumb as well...
    Thanx~!
    ~PM~

Last edited: 22 Dec 2001
  7. mtx

mtx Official Decepticon

Do any of you use those mice with a ball near your thumb that you don't move you just rotate the ball?

Anyone use joysticks?

8. Om

Om DragonWolf

On December 12, 2001 at 8:43am Logitech #347733298 became aware...

9. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :huh:

Trackball mtx? Nobody uses those.

:p

10. mtx

mtx Official Decepticon

Yeah that thing.. I was just woundering..

After seeing Devilman use a joystick setup I thought anything was possable.

I think Queen is doing some kind of "Johnny 5" thing.

Don't try to understand.. women.. go figure. :cool:

11. Um...actually, Racewiz uses a trackball....

~PM~

12. Hamma

Officer
    lol, I hate those things ;)

13. You wanna know who uses a trackball?

Shads.

He's awesome with it too heh

14. i had to give up my trackball and go back to using a regular mouse, easier on my wrist, kinda works out funny, i dont move my wrist as much as i do with a trackball, with a mouse, i can move my whole arm and saves alot of wear and tear on my wrist, although i get to go get electrical thingy test next week to see how far my carpal tunnel is and whether or not I have to find a new job. I dont think i'm going to let them knife me open...we'll see next week

15. Hamma

Officer
    :huh:

16. Om

Om DragonWolf

:(

keep those wrists straight when you play.

17. its not my gaming time that exacerbates the problem, i key 8 hours a day 5 days a week :(

for approximately 6 years now

18. Sorry to hear about your carpal...
    Hopefully it'ss trun out better. (I use one of those mouse-pads with the lift in the back for my wrist - otherwise mine would be a lot worse...~!

~PM~

Last edited: 23 Dec 2001
  19. mtx

mtx Official Decepticon

Why don't you buy those wrist pads they make. You know the ones that you put on your wrists that keep them straight so you don't cut off blood flow. They work real well. Someone might look at you funny but it is well worth it you old drunken geezer. :p

20. - Damn good idea MTX; my wife uses those~! (She does transcription work part time....)

~PM~