1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Age of Conan: Official Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Sentrosi, 5 Aug 2007.

1. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Basically, I'd like to see if there is an interest here in Age of Conan. For those who don't know about it;

Age of Conan Main Page

Age of Conan Wiki
    Sometimes the Wiki pages have more information than the official pages, or are easier to find. Inside this wiki you'll get an idea of the different classes and races in the game. Personally, I'm liking both the Assassin and the Herald of Xotli classes.

Release date has been set for October 30th, 2007. Beta should be starting soon, so if you're interested and haven't signed up for it yet, please go do so. You can sign up for the beta here.

As of right now, there are no plans to make AoC a division. But if there is enough active interest, there might be.

2. Sputters

Sputters DragonWolf<br>Invisible Shorts<br>AKA Black DragonWolf

fyi its rated M so no kiddys (theres boobies and stuff)

3. Rane

Rane DragonWolf

I plan on giving it a shot. Been keeping up with it for a while now.

4. even though I don't really want to play an mmo right now, I cant help but be interested by the games coming out soon...

right now it is a toss up between:

Warhammer Online

Gods and Heroes

and Age of Conan.

The only real reason I am interested in Gods and Heroes is because they are a San Francisco based company and I know some of the developers. but it may surprise me.

5. From from I've seen so far AoC has all of them beat. As far as new combat systems, realistic graphics, gameplay, etc. I'm signed up for beta and hopefully get a month or two of play time to tell if its going to be my next big thing. If it lives up to hopes then I can't wait.

6. Rane

Rane DragonWolf

I applied for beta also but never heard a reply. Keep us posted Daleon. I also heard somewhere that this is going to be availble on the XBox 360. Anyone know if thats true or not and if so are they going to be playing on the same servers as the PC subscribers?

Last edited: 6 Aug 2007
  7. Doomhawk

Doomhawk Council of Elders<BR>UberPigeon Elder DragonWolf

Hmm I just happened to look at this game again, and I think im definatly going to try it out. I loved daoc, but for whatever reasons I dont think im going to like warhammer :( I had no interest in this game either when I heard about it.. but it looks like it might be pretty fun. If I like it enough, most likely start another guild...

8. Sentrosi

Officer
    Heh, you do realize you've doomed (pun intentional!) yourself to leading the Age of Conan division, should one come up.

9. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

I am interested in this game.

10. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :rofl:

11. The beta link doesn't seem to work for me :/ It wouldn't hurt to try it out.

12. Sentrosi

Officer
    I know that Granite wanted to know when the game is scheduled to come out. As of right now, they're going with a March 25th, 2008 release.

Last edited: 10 Aug 2007
  13. Rane

Rane DragonWolf

I cant wait that long!:rawr:

14. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Ack!

Signed up for beta... now the wait...

15. I'll be checking it out. Can never pass up a decent looking MMO. The game will be rated M, but as far as I'm aware all of the nudity in the game will be censored for the US release. As we all know, American video games cannot contain nudity without an AO (adults only) rating. The gorefests filled with airborne entrails and fountains of blood spewing from decapitated neck stumps will remain intact though. So don't worry concerned parents, your children shall not be exposed to naked flesh!

And yeah, I am leaning towards necromancer.

16. Sputters

Sputters DragonWolf<br>Invisible Shorts<br>AKA Black DragonWolf

:rofl:

17. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. i am sooooo interested in this one....so keep us informed

19. From the videos I have seen, the game is really starting to look like it isn't going to live up to the hype. I can't say for sure until I get my hands on the beta, but I'm preparing myself for disappointment. The high point of the game to me was going to be the siege combat, but after watching a video of a dev demonstrating how it will work, it really looked boring. Kinda like a pretty version of Savage, but with lots of NPCs including a boss type. I hear they dumbed down the combat as well, reducing the 6 or so buttons you could combo with to like 3 or 4.

We'll see though.