1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Anyone taken Firefighter exam?

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by DonkeySmiler, 28 May 2006.

1. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

I am schedulled to take the first part (written) on June 27...... was wondering if anyone with any experience with the test and had any pointers for me?

*edit - and yes I understand different locations/regions will have different test specifics, but I imagine the emphasis and concepts are the similar, as are preparation methods.

Last edited: 28 May 2006
  2. Practice working with your Hose?

3. Here's the best advice I can give:

Remember! FIRE HOT!

4. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

:D Those are both good suggestions...... but oddly enough, not exactly what I was looking for.

5. Also heard its ok To practice with your hose, but frowned upon to play with others hose's. Might need to check on which state that applies in though.

6. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Too much pressure from the pumper will rupture your hose....

7. :lol:

8. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    My cousin has, but that dosen't help either :(

9. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

How about a serious one. Learn to climb stairs fast while dragging a lot of heavy stuff.

Seriously. Every year it seems our local news is doing a story on the new recruits and every year it's our fire chief talking about how the biggest problem new recruits have is getting equipment to where it is needed.

Hoses, axe, saw, equipment, whatever.

And don't hit yourself in the face with an axe.

10. Om

Om DragonWolf

...I got burned.