1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

(ArcheAge) Sandbox MMO, Player Run Economy... PIRATES!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Gaucho, 26 Jun 2014.

1. Not sure how many of you are aware of ArcheAge but its a upcoming MMO sand box with huge open world pvp, player ran economy, and naval combat with player pirates. Check this vid to get an idea.

2. I finally got my key for Friday..woot! According to your link Nacht they have no more keys available.

3. Our first boat in the beta!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Last edited: 29 Aug 2014
  5. Album of screenshots I took from the end of the alpha on Saturday night:

http://imgur.com/a/Sez9R

Some highlights:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, my cow:

[​IMG]

6. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

So open beta starts Sept 4th, then onto headstart and release.

Any DW's going to be playing this pretty regular? Im going for the open beta, if I like it like I think I will, this will be a huge time sink for me.

7. I think I am going to give this a try though I am still raiding in Wildstar so I will be back and forth.

8. There are quite a few of us that are waiting with bated breath for the this game. We haven't decided on which live server we will go on, but we will indeed post it in here to let everyone know.

9. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    So I see that there's naval combat and you guys have already laid some groundwork on boat building. Is that going to be a central focus for the majority of you? I'm wondering because I may like to join in and get a sense of crewed ship combat.

10. I think getting ships will be a major driving force, but it will take some time. The first goal is to set up property to get a farm. With a farm we can grow what we need so that we can build our houses/ships. The initial land grab is going to be the primary focus for those of us capable of doing the head start, with ships following. Ships are expensive and time consuming. The initial ship, the Harpoon Clipper, is 50 Gilda Stars. The others are 250 and 400 Gilda Stars. Gilda Stars come from doing quests and they are not tradeable, so it will take time to complete. That being said, leveling so far is a breeze and very fun. I think we'll have several ships within the first month, so wreaking havoc across the seas and other continent will happen very soon.

Also of note, we will be starting out as Nuian, so that means Nuian and Elf races.

11. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

Well I am in, holding my breath until tomorrow for the open beta.

Let me know ASAP you guys figure out a server and for sure which side (Nuian) so I can make a character and join you guys in beta. Maybe we can help each other learn all we can and strategize for launch.

Again, if I think this is halway as fun as it looks to be I will be purchasing a founders pack to get the headstart as well.

12. Our beta characters are on Aranzeb. Launch server is still undecided.

13. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

Ok, will check for that server tomorrow to join you guys. That is if yall dont mind a newbie hanging around. And I wont bother yall on your other characters if your in the middle of anything, since its beta I understand you guys probably want to be able to do whatever for a few days on your pre-existing characters.

14. Well I tried to get in, but it is giving me the whole game is available nonsense when we are several hours past the opening of the open beta.