1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Battlefield 2 and Team -CDL-

Discussion in 'DragonWolves Newswire' started by Manitou, 25 May 2005.

1. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

So as the -CDL- sharpens its teeth for this next apparent juicy morsel on the great serving table of new games, we are already seeing some renewed interest in competitive play. Our history starts us in the arena of competitive play in Tribes 1 Base, then moving to the Insomniax mod a number of years ago. We enjoy the adrenalin rush that comes with heated competition and the challenges of designing, practicing, and putting into operation a good plan of action either offensive or defensive in nature.

So BF2 seems to be the next piece of gaming meat we could possibly sink our teeth into. We have three dedicated and long-standing Officers of the -CDL- who have stepped up to lead this new division, whether it be competitive or recreational in nature. -CDL-ShadowSpawn, -CDL-Sentrosi, and -CDL-BlackDrop have all three served gloriously in our ranks and worked their way from recruits, to new members to veterns and on to -CDL- Officers. They are all three extremely excited to get into the game and it promises to be a point of interest for this team.

Server options are even now being looked at to accomodate a place we can dwell, normally named the "Lair" or "Dragon Wolf Lair" in the past, but these three warriors will certainly decide the name and the use for the server as they deem fit. The -CDL- has always provided a server for use that was a safe haven for those seeking honorable treatment and fair play. With these three troops, you won't be dissapointed!

If you are interested in this game and you see something that appeals to your heart in honor, maybe you have heard the call of the Dragon Wolf from the mists of the cyber-battlegrounds. Maybe your gaming experience has been less than you desired and you just can't figure out why. A Dragon Wolf will never fit anywhere but with his or her fellow Dragon Wolves. I can promise you without a doubt, if you are a Dragon Wolf, it will show and we will know you.

Walk the Edge of the Chasm with us - see of what you are truly made. If your soul is seared with the brand of the Dragon Wolf, nothing else will suffice.

2. The CDL Kennel would be a good name, since it is BF2 and not remotely medieval...

3. i demand it remains the Dragonwolf Lair like it always has been.

4. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Aye keep it the same!

What did Tribes have to do with being medieval? What does that have to do with anything? :p

5. pre-order from EB to get your free BF2 headset! Or if your like me...pre-order BF2 to just so you can replace your broken headset fo free!

6. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Much love to Manitou for the write-up to this division.

I've had experiences leading our Dragonwolves into the field on Auraxis as Ops Commander. I can tell you that the same adrenaline surge I got just as we began a Galaxy drop onto a hotly contested tower is still there after seeing the recent screen shots over on the official website. I honestly cannot wait for this game. (EA, give us the damn demo already!)

Most of my competitive on-line gaming has been with the Ghostbears of T2 fame. After T2 started to crumble and Planetside was on the horizon, 3 Ghostbears broke off and came to reside with the Dragonwolves. Planetside was the game I had been waiting for. It had elements of stealth, subversion and just a plain "Kicking their teeth in" element to it.

After Planetside was released, the Dragonwolves became an instant presense on the Emerald Server. Holding tower after tower, base after base, having only 2 Dragonwolves shut down all the power on all 8 bases on Oshur (The two were KaozReign and myself) and accomplishing set mission objectives each night was a dream to me.

Pride and teamwork are not just words to me; they are the embodiment of me in my personal life as well. I hope to bring those two elements into the new realm of Battlefield2, and I know with ShadowSpawn and BlackDrop backing me up, this new division will be successful.

P.S. I'm fairly certain that the server will be named Dragonwolve's Lair. Kennel seems too doggish to me, for some reason. :)

7. ORANGE

ORANGE DragonWolf

Just for reference sake every place is doing that I believe, I pre-ordered from Frys and am getting the headset and I know Best Buy is doing it as well.
    I swear are you gonna have that inscribed on your tombstone? :p
    And the demo comes out I think the week before the actual release.

8. Why wait for the tombstone, he'll probably have it tatooed onto his forhead soon.

And the Demo comes out on June 17 IIRC.

9. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer

Yes. Yes I am.

10. Bastion (K)

Bastion (K) <font color="red">World of Warcraft Division</font

..I gotta say ..I love WWII sims ...Flight sims in particular....I definitely wanna check this game out....Besides i need a game that will push my computer and video card a bit harder

-Bas

11. Yea I did that preorder thing too. Everyone bitching at me to get a mic will regret it when I get pissed off in game now.

12. ..........

OMG!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Agnot is gonna Bite the Bullet and get a mike!!!!!!!!!!!!

THe world must be ending after all!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) :p :p :p :D :D :D :D

13. Manitou

You sir, have obviously never heard ME on TS. muahahaha!

14. Preordered today from EB. I'm ready to rock. :)

15. Going after work today to pre-order. :thumbsup:

16. Manitou

Already done.

17. Actually I went out the other day to pick one up and NO ONE SELLS FUCKING HEADSETS! Went to Wal-Mart, Best Buy, EB, Gamespot and Radioshack. Needless to say I was pissed, and if it hadnt been for the Chicken Philly I picked up at the mall the trip would have been a total loss! So during this demo stuff you guys are just gonna have to suffer with me typing.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2005
  18. If you couldn't find a headset at walmart or best-buy you looked in the wrong spot. Did you try asking an "associate" to help you?

:p

19. Dude I looked all over, best buy only had headsets for xbox ps2 and cell phones. Walmart only had headphones.

20. Best buy usually keeps their headsets over by the computer peripherals... the harddrives and speakers and such. Walmart has them "somewhere" in their electronics dept.