1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Cabal Online Open Beta July 21st

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by DonkeySmiler, 12 Jul 2006.

1. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

UI looks just like WoW. But seems like its worth a free try on open Beta, I signed up.:)

2. Looks like the game is gonna be free to play.. ala Dungeon Runners and Space Cowboy.

I signed up.. looks interesting at least.

Plus I have a thing for hot anime chicks...

3. Interresting. Interface is just like WoW. Fighting looks alot like GuildWars. Guess modeling your game on two of the biggest MMOs out right now is one way to insure some success.

4. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

5. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Gah, I don't do torrents...I'll just wait.

Either Force Blader or Force Archer. Not sure yet. I'll probably rely on a die roll to determine my fate.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2006
  6. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

7. I didn't even realize they had a forum. :D

8. DonkeySmiler

hmmm.... is this a european only open beta? (as in IPs outside of europe will be blocked)?

You would think that tiny detail would be more predominantly displayed. (if it is the case).

*edit - you would tihnk it would have said something about it in the registration.... or did I just not read it?!?!?

This game can officially lick my *insert obscene reference*

9. Why would you say that?

Edit:
    Ah, nevermind, found the thread. Oh well, you can always use a proxy.

10. DonkeySmiler

How would one go about using a proxy to play it?

11. DonkeySmiler

I'm going to give that a try.....

I *think* I have it set up.... but when I try to log in it just goes "you will be disconnected in 2 seconds" instead of wrong user name or whatever..... that mean I set it up wrong?

In other words... if I try to log in without the proxycap it does the whole "connecting to server" and after the bar fills it says failed to connect.

With proxy cap there is no "connecting..." just says you hav ebeen disconnected.

So wondering if I set it up wrong, or the proxy I tried to use is not up, or it is working, but the server is just not up yet.

er... actually I will just wait til the servers are up to fiddle with all this.

Last edited: 21 Jul 2006
  12. Heh, good plan, few more hours.

13. DonkeySmiler

I think it is up right now.... only problem is you either have to redownload the client or try and update the old client, but the updating takes 512 hours. :eek:

Re-downloading now.... will post if I have any success playing.

*edit - bah - even with re-downloading you have to update it (not as much, but still, at 3 kb/s it will take forever).

14. Hrm, I just installed the open beta client and it still wants to update, only this time the isn't downloading.

Edit:
    Weird, now it's downloading. o_O

15. DonkeySmiler

I am in playing.... didn't have to use the proxy thing... maybe the bans come later