1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

CDL Kill Stats Client

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Fox, 19 Jan 2002.

1. For those of you who don't know, this has been a project that I have been working on for quite some time, and I feel that version 1.4 is a major improvement over version 1.3 [it could always be better, but that will come in on version 1.5]

This program will log your kills, deaths, suicides, flag statistics, generator statistics, rabbit stats, bounty stats, etc. Users are able to customize their statistics pages by modifying the included .html files. Anything you can do with hard-coded HTML you can do with this program to format your statistics.

To download the CDL Kill Stats Client please click <a href="ftp://download:cdldownload@68.40.204.200/pub/CDL_Kill_Stats_Client.zip">here</a>

For Tribes / Clans wishing to use this program, you will most likely need to download the CDL Kill Stats Server, found <a href="ftp://download:cdldownload@68.40.204.200/pub/CDL_Kill_Stats_Server.zip">here</a>

Both the Client and the Server are also avaliable on <a href="http://www.planettribes.com/depot" target="_blank">The PlanetTribes Depot</a>, just search for CDL. [Note: The Depot does not always have the latest versions of the programs, but the FTP server does]

If the FTP server is down, you will be able to retrieve the latest version of both the <a href="http://people.mw.mediaone.net/bcz/CDL_Kill_Stats_Client.zip">Client</a> and the <a href="http://people.mw.mediaone.net/bcz/CDL_Kill_Stats_Server.zip">Server</a> on my HTTP server.

Last edited: 19 Jan 2002
  2. *bump*

If you are actually using this program [Hamma!] then PLEASE give me feed-back, suggestions, [at this point I'd appreciate flames, at least it means somebody is using the program], or general comments.

3. hey fox ..

I'm not sure if i had the latest version, or if i even installed it correctly, but when i had the foxlog.vl2 file in my base directory, it completely borked my ability to watch/record demos.

4. Hmmm. That would be a bad thing, although it shouldn't do that...there is nothing in the code that would do that...but I'll go check it anyway just to make sure.

*Fixed*

Go <a href="ftp://download:cdldownload@68.40.204.200/pub/CDL_Kill_Stats_Client.zip">here</a> to get the fix

Last edited: 22 Jan 2002
  5. You know what? Now that I think about it, it's a GOOD thing that nobody has downloaded the CDL Kill Stats. Why? Well because if you don't use it, then you must not care about your stats that much, if at all. This is a good thing because you do not need to be dependent upon the 'showing-off' of your 'skill' in T2 to a lessor mortal and you just <i>know</i> that you are better rather then having to prove it to the whole wide world. Doesn't that make you sound good? I thought it might. Now, if this doesn't exactly apply to you, well then fine, you might actually care about your stats but are too lazy to go download the program, I can understand that. However that's even worse because you care enough about your stats but are too lazy to download it, so that means you are an underachiever because you know that you are unable to show off your 'l33t' skills in-game and your also unable to use the program to show off your 'l33t' skills.

However you might even fall under the catagory of caring about your score but not willing to take the risk of the program crashing your game of T2. I can understand that. However if you use PJ's SuperStats you have <i>no</i> reason at all not to use the Client...because the CDL Kill Stats is basically PJ's SuperStats...

Oh well, I'm done ranting.

6. Great Dane

Great Dane <B><FONT COLOR="RED">THE LEGENDARY BANNED</FONT></

Ok, I downloaded it.