1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

CoH-Descriptions and Brainstorms

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Ouroboros, 23 Apr 2004.

1. Post your CoH character description. It'll be fun to get a sense of where everyone's character is coming from. And I personally would like my description to be based off of other characters.

Also, post any cool ideas you guys have for when the game starts. Like, a few of us making similar looking assault rifle/gadgets characters with descriptions that have something to do with a spec ops force for CDL, and other ideas you can think of.

2. I see you're sold on this game :p

I dunno if we'll need any "spec ops" types of characters unless we want to go around with all the same powers or all the different powers at once or something like that. All I can think of is be VERY careful when chosing your color scheme. You gotta make sure it'll look good in the dark blue/offwhite color that seems to be what our supergroup colors will be. My character was sorta fugly both ways..so I'm gonna make sure they look better this time.

3. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

I just wanted to say I really enjoy the assault rifle/gadget combo..... ;)can't wait to test out the higher level powers.

Anyway, we should consider putting together a matching "super" group..... By this I mean (depending on how many people we have), a group with compatible planned out powers that combine to make an unstoppable justice distributing force!

Just off the top of my head we could have:

Two people go blasters with an overall goal of helping the group and pairing compatible powers.

*note, I know we all directly or indirectly are wanting to help the group out, but with these characters a great deal of strategy will go into the powers selected. ie. We would make sure everyone had one of the leadership powers selected, make sure we have all the necessary buffs/debuffs, teleport, rez, mez, ect.

We have two people go defender/healers again, trying to pick up as many "group friendly" powers without overlapping powers.

One person goes tanker with the sole purpose of staying alive (I know this is all tankers goal..... ;) ) This would be the person everyone would "assist" when a battle erupts.

Another person goes scrapper or another tanker.....

And finally someone goes controller.

We could make a rule that no one can play these characters unless like 90% or more of the rest of the group is also playing theirs (to keep everyone close to the same level and not have one person jet ahead).

Not sure as to what the overall cosmetic/origin/theme could be of the group..... any ideas?

Last edited: 23 Apr 2004
  4. I preordered the game today Kai, going to play it until WoW, which Gamestop says will come out 9/1 but i don't believe them.

But yeah, I'm all for it Donkey. I personally like the robot looks, but that's just me. o_O

5. DonkeySmiler

Me too ;)

[​IMG]

6. You know those clockwork monsters? Who is the supervillain behind them?

7. Great Dane

Great Dane <B><FONT COLOR="RED">THE LEGENDARY BANNED</FONT></

Here's the backstory for my controler:

Pimp'in Jones was just your avrage man on the streets, but all the ladys say he had the Magic Hands. He hung out down in Kings Row keeping everyone in line when the first Ritiki invasion fell upon Paragon City. His hood was decimated, and many of his lady friends were killed durring the inicial attack.

Jones swore that he would avenge their deaths, and that Justice would be served! He threw down his pimp cane, and his questionable ways and joined the heros of Paragon City in repelling the alien invasion.

Upon returing to his home in Kings Row he disscovered that the streets he once kept a watchful eye over had degraded into a gangland. Skulls and Hellions were fighting a bloody turf war over his streets.

Defeating the Ritiki was not the end for Jones. It was just the begining. He now had to take the streets of Kings Row back one thug at a time. He still had the Magic Hands, and it was time to use them for the good of everyone in Paragon City.

It was time for justice. It was time for Justice Jones!

:D

8. DonkeySmiler

Isn't it professor clockwork or something..... I may be mixed them up :confused:

*edit.... yeah nice dane.... justice jones is my new favorate superhero

Our supergroup should be justice jones and the ho brigade........

Last edited: 23 Apr 2004
  9. still deciding if i want to play it for real or not

10. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

It was the clockwork king I believe.

edit: oh yeah and I was wondering, how many CDLers are planning on playing this game?

Last edited: 24 Apr 2004
  11. I preordered mine awhile ago...

Ouro, WoW got owned by its own devs. Did you hear about how you have to sit around in an Inn for 8 hours after hunting awhile to prevent "grinding"? I think that's going to murder the game. Sure grinding is bad but 90% of the people who play these kinds of games prefer grinding... But anyway..

I am probably going to go Blaster assault rifle/electricity.

12. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

If I end up getting it, I'll be anything but a tanker. I find that job to be a bit boring.

13. Yeah, Kai, I did, but with everyone booing it, I'm sure it will get changed.

I might actually go spines/regeneration. I read a guide that said with 6 single origin regen in both the endurance regen for regeneration and fitness, your endurance comes back at a tick every second to two seconds.

14. My friend is in beta and i was playing over at his house and i made a kickass blaster, When i get the game im gonna make a guy that wheres something like a chicken suit and name something to do with the chicken dance.

15. Blaster

Ill be a energy/....... Blaster

Shads

Last edited: 3 May 2004
  16. Wow... Last night I think I played a game for the longest I have ever played a game in one sitting...

12 straight hours. From noon to midnight. I think I have a cold too. I guess it paid off though, I managed to get to the level I had when beta ended. 12 levels in one night as opposed to the 3 or 4 days it took in beta :x

Anyway, I'm a magic assault rifle/lightning manipulator. I'll post a pic of my character sooner or later..

17. I am enjoying CoH, i think i have found a new addiction.

Heavygain was born while his mother was being tainted by the circle of thorns black magic and was saved by a gangster. The gangster was a member of the skulls andwas pssibly the kindest of them, but still a cruel man. Heavygain was beatin, smacked, punched thrown, and kicked for every mistake he would make in his fathers afairs. eventually his the man was arrested. By that time Heavygain had been trained in using firearms and tought how to turn the hate within him into flame. But heavygain was pure of heart and would not succom to pure evil and escaped perez park forever into steel canyon and that was when he first saw a true super hero. The man was cloaked and dark but scorched gang member after gangmember as soon as they took a step near him. The man suddenly spun around and a flash of light blinded Heavygain's eyes and then he felt a strong grip lift him up by his chest and his vision came back. He saw the man's face was dark and unforgiving yet had a sense of comfort in it for Heavygain. The man taught Heavygain how to control the flames he created and shape them into rings, swords explosions, and the works. and with the combined skills of his assault rifle and the flame within him Heavygain decided he did not like what the heroes were fighting for but HATED the gangs and super villians he had been raised with to that point and decided he would fight alongside the heroes until the gangs were diminished and he could fight for a new cause of a more free freedom.