1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Companions

Discussion in 'DragonWolves Newswire' started by Manitou, 24 Jan 2006.

1. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Frodo: "Go back, Sam. I'm going to Mordor alone."
    Sam: "Of course you are. And I'm coming with you."

In the classic tale of the One Ring, we see Frodo and Sam struggling to make their way on their dangerous journey into Mordor to destroy the ring and all the evil tied into it. Every common sense answer screams that they shall fail; that there is no possible way these two most inconsequential of people could sneak by all the guards and into the fires of Mordor. We laugh at the fact that two smallish persons of the meekest of the Races of Middle Earth hope to succeed against that which the might of all the Lands' kingdoms together could never hope to accomplish.

But they did it. They actually succeeded! How? How did these two accomplish that which seemed impossible? I think the answer can be found in the quote above. Companionship. These two relied on each other, they found fellowship together and they were the bestest of friends. Against this type of strength nothing can hope to stand, for from it comes the strength of many but kept humble by the service to the friend.

Near the end Sam again utters words worthy of a parchment and frame for a wall in some sacred hall:

Sam: "I may not be able to carry the Ring, Mr. Frodo, but I can carry you!"

So we carry each other and accomplish those things together which we may never alone hope to even start.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2006
  2. ORANGE

ORANGE DragonWolf

Leave it to mani to bring up a LotR analogy.

3. It was nearly a month after 2006 started, and THAT is all you could come up with...

4. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

I'm old.

5. Om

Om DragonWolf

It's deep. Mani = Sam <3

6. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

I just noticed this, and it alludes to Mani's wanting another poochie dog. If you look at the first sentence, it says "In the classic TAIL". Not TALE, but TAIL. Poochies have tails.

And the whole thing "rings" of the friendship between man and the Canis Familiarus.

I would recommend an Alaskan Malamute. That way, when I come down I can pet one!

Unless I get one before then. But that will be awhile.

Last edited: 3 Apr 2006
  7. hehe. I don't think our family could handle having another dog,because i know i can't but i will always love dogs!

8. Om

Om DragonWolf

Why deny your family the privilege of animal companionship? I recommend you get your Dad a poodle. A man walking a poodle builds character!!! Plus their ankle-biting abilities are priceless protection against attackers.

9. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

Egad!! A poodle?? For a small dog, get one of those bulgey eyed vibrating kinds....the chihuahua (sp).

That way if the motor goes out on your vibrating football game, you can use him instead. Just don't let him eat the ball carrier. Those little footballs get massive when wet.

Still though, the Alaskan Malamute...awesome animal. And the closest you can get to a Wolf in the domesticated dog series.

10. i know what you mean kassa but of course i do have a crazy gaming Lizard hes alot of fun to watch and just last night he wanted to stay in the printer so he could be close to the computer he fell asleep in the printer it was so priceless who ever knew an animal could be so dedicated lol
    http://www.repticzone.net/images/25453/george019.jpg

Last edited: 16 Apr 2006
  11. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer

12. Hamma is that your Doppelganger Bizarro?