1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Defiance

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Hyncharas, 27 Jan 2013.

1. Created by Trion and the Syfy Channel, for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, Defiance is both a game and science-fiction show set many years after a collection of alien civilisations have colonised our planet. Following a conflict called the Pale Wars, our planet has adapted to the new species of plant and animal life, whilst humanity struggles to co-exist with seven distinct alien races that have made Earth their home.

With the game due for release in April, pre-ordering comes with some amazing perks for those wanting the full treatment :)

You can also watch the show's and game's most recent trailers below:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B3XKZU459DI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n_d4CP2dlBE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

One last thing - as of January 21st, the subscription fee has been dropped but DLC will still need to be purchased. If you pre-order the Ultimate Edition, however, this year's DLC you will get included as part of a Season Pass.

Last edited: 27 Jan 2013
  2. Ark Hunter Codes:
    Perhaps you're not yet in the beta, so how do you get in?

First you need to become an Ark Hunter. Go here to register and this will allow you to create a character part of your Trion account ahead of time. Even if you don't get beta access, however, there are other things you can do. Use this database to copy and paste Ark Hunter Codes into the "My Ego" page of the Defiance gamesite [link].

There are 120 of these codes, and the more you enter into the gamesite, the better capabilities your character will have when the game launches in April.

3. Ok, so there's a Beta event between 8th-10th February. By signing up to the VBI website to become an Ark Hunter, successful applicants are guaranteed a place on the Beta.

4. The person running the spreadsheet with all the codes is on holiday atm, so the problem with his Google Docs account will need to be addressed later.

Fear not, however, as here is another list for the codes.

5. About to jump into Beta in a few minutes...hope to see some of you there. If Not I will see you in Neverwinter at 1500 EST

6. May not get into this beta...I am 1211 in the queue with an estimated time of 9 days...they sure didn't plan well for the influx of people on this one for sure.

7. All the codes have now been posted. This will allow players to unlock all perks for their character when the game starts...

Those who haven't pre-ordered yet also should to receive their own free Dodge Challenger vehicle for use in-game (along with other players who already have), as it WILL NOT be offered after launch.

8. I preorder the game, I will dabble into it, but I don't expect to pick it up seriously.

9. I think I may be getting it...would like to see how they tie the game and the show together. To see characters from the show talking about things that happened in game I think will be cool. If they can pull it off correctly.

10. So do I. The game ships tomorrow, but the show doesn't start until the 16th :eek:

One more trailer for the road:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_pQMflDA8bI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

So who has played this?

I am very interested, but I dont want to drop the cash and be disappointed.

Why dont PC games do demo's anymore?

Anyways, those we are/did play it any feedback?

12. I play it...I like it so far..having gotten too deep into yet but really wanting to see how they tie the game and show together

13. Alas I'm still updating the game to the launch-build; I've spent almost a day dooing that and, still, it needs another two hours to finish!

Whilst it is an MMO, it would appear their connection speed isn't very quick.

14. You might be better off uninstalling the beta version and reinstalling the launch build

15. I'm patching the retail build I received when I pre-ordered.

16. Im Playing, Ego rating 597 atm

17. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

So, I can watch videos all day long.

How would you guys rate the PVP, and difficulty and open world aspect of PVE.

I have been reading other reviews. How is the customization?

Seems some reviewers state there are ton of customization options for character builds, then other say weapons for specific builds have no meaning other than skins...

I dunno.

18. I haven't done any PvP yet...been sick since launch...as for pve it can get hairy at times but so far at my low Kevel things aren't over difficult yet

19. I am still trying to figure out the damn weapons and the mods on them...when I kick this cold maybe I can focus and think straight and figure it out. Seems to me I have a barrel mod for an assault rifle but it doesn't fit ALL assault rifles and such like that. I know I am looking at something wrong but not sure what yet. Also one glitch I found was in an instance I found a rocket launcher...now when you have a full inventory I have noticed some items go into your claim items section of the store. The Rocket did not but a shotgun I picked up after it did. Also had the Pulverizer equipped and left the instance and lost it...said I had no primary weapon equipped when I got out. But oh well...maybe it was only meat to be used in the instance.

But the weapon specs and mods are my biggest issue right now. But overall I like it so far.