1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Destiny PS4 Beta Starts Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Hyncharas, 16 Jul 2014.

1. I know typically talking to people about anything non-PC is difficult here, but tomorrow, the PS4 version of Destiny's beta program will start. Note that players will require both to pre-order and have a Playstation Plus subscription.

According to the livestream (it's on continuous repeat here), there's a lot of content in this build of the game for players to explore, with the chance to earn a special item for the full game if you play on 26th July. Though not decided by Bungie yet, there is also the possibility that what you do in Beta may carry over to retail. Fireteams are arranged in groups of three - a Hunter, Warlock and Titan in each - but if you're not in the group, there is the ability to jump to their location solo or as another team. I will be running as a Warlock; same callsign as other games...

If the officers have no objections, I would also like to establish a Dragonwolves Group on the Bungie website (when it stops bugging out) as a home for those of us who play.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2014
  2. I'm definitely interested. Alas... I can't buy a console just to play one game. :\

I'd like to have faith that eventually they'll pull their heads out of their asses and bring it to PC. lol

3. I think that's a long way off; at least not until they release "other planets for the game-universe" (tech speak for Destiny 2), which won't be at least three years from now.

I'm not sure, but I don't think there's a dependency on one platform over another; if your clan is on multiple platforms, just a greater presence. I don't mind who runs it as long as there's a place for those of us who play...

Anyhow, I've applied to the group.

Last edited: 17 Jul 2014
  4. Watching the streaming this weekend quite a bit to try and decide. I still have a 360 and PS3 and haven't really touched either one in years, even though I've gotten new games for both. Still barely played The Last of Us or Uncharted 3. Guess its just hold over from my younger years to get the consoles. Leaning towards getting the One first and Destiny pre-order on it.

Gryphon likes this.
  5. You don't have to get next-gen to play the game unless you want to; on Thursday they said that accounts are based on whether you play on Xbox Live, or Playstation Network. This means if you log in to XBL, you can play the character on 360 and One. Alas, the service (and will probably never) allow players on Xbox machines to fight against Playstation... that's the industry for you.

I was hoping to play with you guys but the beta is region-specfic, though I'm hoping it's not like that for the full game.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2014