1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Dungeon Runners Beta Friend Referral

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by DonkeySmiler, 11 May 2006.

1. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

Must have:
    - A PlayNC account.
    - Completed the Dungeon Runners beta registration.

* To create a PlayNC account, go to http://www.plaync.com/us/account/ and click the “Create” link.
    ** To register for the Dungeon Runners beta go to http://www.dungeonrunners.com/ and click the “BETA SIGN UP” link.

Need:
    - Person’s full name and email address used on their PlayNC account.

E3 FAQ:
    When will the game be released?
    Fall 2006

What will the game’s rating be?
    We will have a Teen rating when the game launches.

What will it cost?
    Basic gameplay is free, but there will be high-level features that can only be unlocked by paying members.

Is this game like other large MMOs?
    Yes, in some ways. For example:
    • Colorful, stylized graphics.
    • Character development.
    • Loot collection.

If not, how is it different?
    • Downloadable.
    • Free to play.
    • Short/instant travel times.
    • Randomized areas. Never the same experience twice.
    • Randomized loot. You’ll always be looking forward to the next item drop.
    • Characters are not tied to any particular server.
    • Minimal downtime – no death penalty, teleportation, fast healing times.

Where is the team located that’s developing this game?
    Dungeon Runners is being developed by an in-house development team in Austin, led by several veteran developers.

This looks very similar to a game that was being developed by NCsoft a while back called Exarch? Is this the old Exarch engine?
    This game does look similar to Exarch because it’s loosely based on the technology and art assets from Exarch. That being said, Dungeon Runners is very different from Exarch in both gameplay and technology.

How do I sign up for the beta?
    To get into the beta, you will need to have a PlayNC account. If you do not have a PlayNC account, you can sign up for one at http://www.plaync.com/account/index.html. When you have a PlayNC account, go to http://www.dungeonrunners.com/news/2006/04/dungeon_runners.html.

Do you have Guild or PvP support?
    Dungeon Runners will not ship with Guild or PvP support. Our current focus is to polish the core gameplay experience of dungeon crawling. However, you can be sure that Guild and PvP support is high on our list of post-launch expansions.

Is there a level cap?
    Currently you are capped by the amount of experience you can gain in the game from the highest level creature.

How many different skills can my character have?
    We will be refining our gameplay and skills during the coming months of beta, so this information may change. The current design calls for about 30 skills per character class, with some only being found via rare treasure drops.

What kind of classes can I play?
    We are starting with a magic using class, a class focused on melee combat, and a class that uses a missile weapon as its main attack. More classes will come post-launch.

How many quests are available?
    Quests are an important part of our game. We currently have several dozen quests available to our beta players and will be expanding that number in the coming months.

How many items and what types or items will be available?
    Dungeon Runners uses a random item generation system combined with set items and unique items.

When will DR ship in my language?
    We will release localized versions of the game after our initial launch in the US.

You don’t have WASD movement, why?
    We take the feedback of our customers seriously. The control scheme of the game is currently undergoing analysis and will be improved to meet the expectations of the customer.

If you are interested and you meet the required "must haves", then pm me the needed information.

2. This is basically "preferential treatment" for those that are on the waiting list for beta.

If you're serious about testing this game that is still very early in beta, PM Donkey or Myself with your Full name and Email address that you registered your PLAYNC account and we'll recommend you.

3. DonkeySmiler

yeah got it... sent a pm back confirming stuff, just let me know if everything in that pm is good to go. :thumbsup:

4. Sorry about the confusion on that...my brain seems to be shutting down early tonight.

5. DonkeySmiler

I know the feeling, all of a sudden I feel sick :(

6. I have a NC account. Im interested. If you or arglaar can still refer someone let me know

7. They just started the program today (Thursday) and we can invite as many people as we want.

Like in the quote I added, however, there's no guarantee that you'll get accepted if we do but you'll get first chance.

SO,
    If you guys are interested. PM me or Donkey with the info and we'll add you to the list. Also, make sure you guys have Applied to get into the Beta. It's one of the requirements.

8. Very few responses to this so far.

Isn't anyone interested in testing this game?

9. arglaar you got my pm right?

10. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

I need to find my dumb pw again...

11. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Got it... PM sent to Argy, and Donkey.

12. Referrals sent for both Swifty and Mani.

13. DonkeySmiler

doh.... mani's info was sent in twice then.... hope that isn't against the rules.

Also sent in Aeternus and Lunar.

14. I got my beta invite in the emails today. don't have time to get anything going at the moment, as I'm working on painting the house, but should be able to get things going by this evening.

15. DonkeySmiler

Just try to be on wednesday night for their load test.... it is only like an hour, but they really need people on.

16. that won't be a problem....i won't be painting too late in the evenings this week in all likelyhood, and i might be able to get dl started over lunch today in the next few min.

17. Anyone else get in?

18. It looks like they Sent out 2000 invitations today.

If you applied for the beta, check your Email that is associated with your PLAYNC account to see if you got in.