1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Fishy Business

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Ingwë, 4 Nov 2006.

1. I saw this the other day myself...very sad news if it ends up being true...not that I'm saying it isn't... like i said sad news...

We really need to make some changes in order to stop this from happening if at all possible

2. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

Their numbers seem pretty fishy. Pun intended.

There are a lot of things we do besides fishing that really screw up the oceans.

Sinking ships as an artificial reef for instance. It just makes a really easy way to get rid of old ships. Problem is what the ships are made out of are poison for reefs. Heavy metals, chemicals and who knows what else. Copper is death for coral. In like .5 parts per million it is lethal to delicate varieties, and in 1 ppm, it is lethal to most.

Don't even get me started on tire reefs. Most idiotic idea ever.

We in the aquarium trade have made massive changes in how animals are collected. We take tank-raised where ever possible. But the number one thing, we are doing a lot to eliminate cyanide usage. Used to be they stunned fish with it, problem was it's usage left a wasteland in it's wake.