1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Full Lunar Eclipse Tues Apr 15

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by GraniteRok, 10 Apr 2014.

1. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    For those of us in the Americas, we'll be able to see a total lunar eclipse this year. Very early Tuesday morning will be a full lunar eclipse. Those of us that are up all nighters... It'll start at about 3am ET Tuesday Apr 14th and last until about 430am ET.

But then, for those in the Pennsylvania area, they could see a total lunar eclipse at any time when Lunar drops his pants! ;)

2. [​IMG]
    Legend
    Intense red shading: Observers within this area can see the eclipse from beginning to end.
    Red shading right/east of intense shading: Observers within this area can see the eclipse until moonset/sunrise.
    Red shading left/west of intense shading: Observers within this area can see the eclipse after moonrise/sunset.
    No coloring: Eclipse is not visible at all

Note: Actual eclipse visibility depends on weather conditions and line of sight to the Moon.​

When the eclipse happens worldwide
    Lunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
    The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.

EventUTC Time
    Penumbral Eclipse begins Apr 15 at 4:55 AM
    Partial Eclipse begins Apr 15 at 5:59 AM
    Full Eclipse begins Apr 15 at 7:08 AM
    Maximum Eclipse Apr 15 at 7:46 AM
    Full Eclipse ends Apr 15 at 8:23 AM
    Partial Eclipse ends Apr 15 at 9:32 AM
    Penumbral Eclipse ends Apr 15 at 10:36 AM

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2014-april-15

3. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    So I should show my wife the Lunar Eclipse then Granite?
    Not sure if she's into that sort of thing. But, it is her birthday....

4. Lunar

Lunar Development Officer Officer

Officer
    Oh I'll give you all a real eclipse at the next rally /troll

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5. Traceroute

Traceroute DragonWolf

Ooh Lunar eclipse huh? too bad Michigan is coated in a permanent layer of clouds these days

6. Zib

Zib

Too bad weather is going to suck up here in Seattle, I heard it will be too cloudy to see, then again the weather people up here are all dirty liars.