1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Half-Life 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Chops, 17 Jul 2003.

1. If you don't understand what all the hype about this game is then you obviously didnt see any of the E3 videos. You can find the latest about this game at www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/ or a new site i found called www.totalhl2.com

I am especially interested in seeing this game succeed as I am currently pre-designing a MOD. I fully intend to follow through with my game when i get a hold of the SDK. Im not ready to reveal any info about the game quite yet, but wish me luck because its going to be tough. Im sure if i need any testers when i get something to look at, i can count on you guys/gals to provide me with some constructive critsizm.

Last edited: 17 Jul 2003
  2. heres a cool unique feature about how half-life is going to be distributed to the consumer....cutting out the middle man :p

i found that at www.totalhl2.com

3. :hi:

I will be buying this game on release day.

4. well, sounds interesting.

still havent finished the single player on half life, i just installed it on my lil 200MMX last night just to see how it runs.

5. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

The coolest looking thing is the weapon that lets you pick up objects, like a refrigerator, and you can then "shoot" them at high speeds.

6. what mod are you working on Mold? Also, the official HL2 chatroom is #hl2community on irc.gamesnet.net

7. im not ready to reveal information about my mod just yet, but I I've talked a little with the guys at www.totalhl2.com and told them i would give them the exclusive when im ready.

Total halflife 2 has like no community yet since they just started a couple days ago, but if you guys are looking for a good fansite, i suggest them. Y? because im wierd like that... >:]

oh, and they also have an irc chat on gamesnet

8. wow, I like the STEAM system (being on cable and all) I really hate ordering a game knowing it won't be at my house for a few days...and since stores around here never get anything early, it's always 2 or so days late from everywhere else...gah

This will most definitely be a "buy on release day" game for me though, considering PS is dead to me, too lazy to install T2, and...thats about it o_O

Last edited: 19 Jul 2003
  9. Sounds cool Mold.

Recently after watching a 15 hour Dune marathon on the Space Network, I have decided, it would be really cool to make a Dune mod for HL2. Except, I really suck at modelling, skinning, coding, and scripting :(. I can make icons, and have a vast knowledge of Dune history :D. If anyone wants to maybe help me on this project, PM me, and I might be able to get it going.

:D

10. there was some kind of roundtable with some of the dev team and their were like 58+ mods represented there :eek:

11. Not only that, but you can also use the object like a shield. In one of the e3 videos, the player ripped a radiator off the wall to block incoming smg fire. The physics engine in this game is pretty amazing.

Wolf