1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Homeworld 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Jouster, 7 Sep 2003.

1. Jouster

Jouster DragonWolf

Any Homeworld fans out there check out the Homeworld 2 demo yet?

2. I've been playing the HW2 demo abit lately. I hate the direction they are taking the story and the voices suck, but the gameplay is very fun, I'll probably pick it up near release.

3. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Played the demo, seems kinda cool.

Never played hw1

4. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

I have seen some screen shots of it. But i didn't really like homeworld 1 so i haven't been following it much.

5. HW1 was too friggin confusing for me as was Iron Legions. Doubtful I'll give it a look.

6. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

does homewolrd 2 have the shitty camera like the 1st one? That had to have annoyed me the most, I would spend an entire game trying to get the camera where I wanted it to be.

7. Jouster

Jouster DragonWolf

*boggles at the idea homewold's camera is shitty*

The galatic map view works better then the frist one. As far as the action view, it is the same for the most part. There has been alot of small interface changes to the views which you spend most of the time in. Biggest change would be the build/research/fighter bay screen now resides on the right side of the screen, open all the time unless you want to close it.

www.militant-insomniac.net/jouster/img/hw2 if you wanna take a look at a few more screen shots.

Even if you didn't like the frist homeworld, I'd still recomend giving a try. Just because there was a lot of small changes, and all I believe to be, for the good.

8. sarxis has been keeping big times tabs on this game

9. Camera and interface in general is one of the things they've said they spent the most time working on improving.

It's vastly better in this game.