1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Honor

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Manitou, 12 Sep 2001.

1. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

I lowered my flag to half-staff today. It was a solemn moment. I have given most of my life to serving the concept this flag stands for. Sure, we are not a perfect country and have never claimed to be. But there is just something about the flag. I have seen death, I have seen destruction. I have witnessed war and the cost it demands from the participants. It is always a high cost. But one thing I have seen; Americans are never afraid to pay the cost when the flag is flown. Americans are never afraid to pay the cost when the weaker ones need their help. We fed Somalia, they dragged the bodies of our dead soldiers through their streets. We sent aid to poverty stricken countries, and they dance in the streets when our people die. We keep the peace in every corner of the globe and protect the rights of those who cannot protect themselves, and they laugh at our misery.

I am sick. I really am. I am angry. I love this country with my life. I have spent time in places that people have hated me and threatened me. I have watched people spray-paint vile words about the country I love on the gates of my post.

Honor is something a people have whether they are always perfect or not. Honor is something you are born with and not taught. What is the symbol of Honor? Our flag is cloth.... yes that is true. But it is a cloth woven from the myriad of fibres of blood, tears, sweat, anguish, pride, sacrifice, service, life, and death. These fibres are woven and then sealed with the Honor that is found in the American Flag, carried by the American people.

There is a heavy price demanded from the mistress WAR. One of blood. I think we are ready to pay that price. But there is one thing to remember. When WAR demands payment, she demands it from all participants. You who have done this deed... prepare to pay the mistress. For she respects Honor, and you have none. The mistress WAR comes to you next... We have paid the first payment, now you will pay yours. I hope it is one you are able to pay....

Manitou

2. NO! We have shed our blood over & again for the sake of others!
    And had ours shed by those who time and again strike from our back, not willing to fight us as Men...in a face-to-face fight.
    No, we see the results of those who are so low as to include women, children, the elderly, in such as we have seen this week.

There is no war with such as these! Only the hunting, such as you would do when vermin entered your house. You set traps for rats. You dont expect it to stand up and fight for its right to invade your house.

Those who dare such as they have this week do so because they envy what we have created, soley in the material sense. They would possess our luxuries, our comforts.
    But unable to take them, they seek to destroy them, and us along with them. Never do they see our country is more than material possessions.

Its about ideals. Such as the most basic one. That the only thing holding you back in our country is yourself. The opportunities have been, and always will be here. Our country is the beacon for all who would stretch the limits of their own abilitys.
    This they do not understand. And so they fear it and us.

This is just a battle in a war. Would we win this war, we must look to our own perimeter. We must look to that breech, and disallow the free passage of those who come here with intent as we have just seen. Until we do, we should expect more of the same.

Last edited: 13 Sep 2001
  3. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    I also lowered my flag, its somthing I dont look forward to. I feel however it is the only thing I can do trapped out here in NE heh.

4. <b>
    Honor
    Valor
    </b>

These terms can not be used to describe what has transpired here. The Cowardly acts commited by these most heinous individuals cannot be fathomed.

<b>
    Confidence
    Security
    </b>

These terms are what we all expect to have in our own homes. These were stolen from us in so short a time.

<b>
    Vengeance
    Retribution
    </b>

These terms will be the instruments of our satisfaction.

<b>
    Justice
    Victory
    </b>

These shall be ours.

Args.

5. Great Dane

Great Dane <B><FONT COLOR="RED">THE LEGENDARY BANNED</FONT></

Well said Mani.

6. Om

Om DragonWolf

Mani,

I don't know what you are dealing with, being in the military. My brother in law just transferred to California out of the Pentagon, thank God. He's on lock down. Unable to be with his wife and 5 children. His wife is tough. I wouldn't mess with her. Just like you, Mani, my brother in law is in the Air Force.

Retaliating scares me because the sole purpose these people have is to wipe us off the face of the earth. They have no regard for human life. They will never suffer at our hands the way we have suffered at their hands because we will never become what they are. We end people's lives with a strong conscience.

I expect the worst in return for our retaliation. I expect these terrorists to take as many of us down with them as they can.

My wish now is that whatever course of action we take, please let that course of action be swift, just and effective.

Mani, thank you for your part in defending this country.

half the sky

Last edited: 13 Sep 2001
  7. Great Dane

Great Dane <B><FONT COLOR="RED">THE LEGENDARY BANNED</FONT></

8. Oh sure ... resort to bumping.. :\