1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

I think...mabye...yep...just had an idea!

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Rayzer, 23 Mar 2006.

1. With us getting so into this crazy crap about religion, I've actually had a grand old time discussing stuff. We tend to wonder all over the place but it's still fun for me.

Anywho, with the mention of reading, I was thinking maybe we could do something in this guild besides rot our brains on computer games. How about we pick a book, give everyone a couple weeks to read it, then we can have a discussion. Yeah, I know not an original idea, but still fun.

So who wants in on the CDL book club? No worries, we don't have to read crazy religious stuff, or anything specific. Fiction, non-fiction, religious, whatever. As long as it's not a boring read I'm up for it.

So am I the only one? I'm going to need at least one more volunteer! I don't have the hours and hours to game anymore, but I can find some time to read everyday. Having a CDL buddy to discuss books with would be grand!

2. Hey Rayzer,

I like the idea. I really enjoy reading. We could go on forever discussing stuff =)

3. I love reading! I'm in.

If you need help, PM me, I'll help ya set it up.

4. Will there be nudity?

5. The -CDL- book club?

Interesting.... :thumbsup:

~PM~

6. Om

Om DragonWolf

Biscotti and I already do this sometimes. Would be fun with more!

We both just read "The Kite Runner", although we haven't gotten to the part where we discuss it yet. <3

7. Me! Me! I used to be a member of an online bookclub and I kinda miss it.

8. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Manitou: "Can I hot drop out of one of those?"

Hamma: "Wait, if it's got drama, I'm not reading it."

KaozReign: "Book? WTF are those?"

Marsman: "I could record my sexy voice and give it out as an audio book."

DonkeySmiler: "Beer. It better have beer in it."

ThroneBeast: "Listen, if it's about garbage men, I'm not reading it."

Sentrosi: "Who's the smartass who put those quotes up there?"

9. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :lol:

I would take part but reading is teh boring for me. :(

10. symen

symen DragonWolf

That sounds like fun. :)

Any ideas for our first 'assignment'?

11. I should make a -CDL- account for my wife, she's quite the prolific reader.

;)

~PM~

12. Om

Om DragonWolf

Any wife of yours is already family to us, my friend. I would love to be aquainted with her.

13. I'd be up for that :thumbsup:

14. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

15. Lets see i promise im looking at this magizine for the articles not the pictures.....

I just am getting done with The Redemption of Althalus one of the lastest David Eddings books. Palidin and i have been a big fan for of his for awhile, we've read about 13 of his 20 or so books.

I know hes been reading Digital Fortress by the guy who wrote the divincui Code.

Id try to take part in this maybe more so in the winter time as in the summer i like to be out rideing the Motorcycle, haveing fun in the Sun or gameing with you all.

Last edited: 24 Mar 2006
  16. Ya'll need to check out one of the John Ringo series!

17. Not to get into the other thread that has been going on for a couple of days,
    But have you guys read any of the Left Behind series. They are fiction books, and just a really well written series that always has you running to the store to get the next book. I think there are something like 12 or 13 books. At every ending of each book, you can't even breathe, it's like you right in the middle of the action with the characters.

18. Can't we just bash Scientology instead?

19. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

And no gnomes! :mad:

I'd be up for this

20. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :lol: