1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Just a quick rant.

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by ORANGE, 26 Sep 2005.

1. ORANGE

ORANGE DragonWolf

So a radio station in the Chicagoland area today (94.7 The Zone) changed formats from being "The hardest rock station."..................to oldies......and did this as most of them seem to do without notifying their listeners ahead of time. As I drove to school this morning I was listening to the morning show on said station, because I'm certain at least most of us are in agreement that Mancow is just an idiot anymore, and by the time I got out of school at one to go home I heard some song that seemed to belong to a station that my grandparents listen too. So I switch over to the other station Q101 (the one mancow works for that is supposedly all alternative again or something) and the woman on the air says that the switch had happened at noon. WTF! They still have two shows coming up within the next couple of weeks that was sponsored by them so I wonder if they'll throw up the new banners saying "94.7 the hardest oldies station." or something. I feel stabbed in the back.
    /emote cry
    Radio stations switching formats definitely isn't new and this isn't the first station of its kind to switch formats without notifying its listeners, but thats just the point. I mean can't they at least say, "Yeah we are closing down tomorrow start switching over to the other station.". And it wasn't even like Q101 even caused that much competition with them because Q101 plays "alternative" which means it seems after listening to it on my way home, is digging back through the stacks and pulling out songs from the 80s. Oh well time for me to go get a thing to plug my ipod into my stereo. Oh wait I'm too cheap to do that....maybe I'll just burn everything to CDs instead.
    Okay now that thats outta my system.
    *turns on boombox*
    *rips off shirt and starts dancing*
    PARTY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYY!
    *"dances" so hard he collapses and passes out*

2. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

Speaking of being pissed off at the radio.... Howard Stern got taken off the air in Columbus...... and now they are running spots telling us to not worry we can listen to grover (or some other stupid name) in the morning. Then they play clips of that show and let me tell you it sounds so freaking stupid. I miss Howard and the gang :(

3. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Soon Stern will be on Satelite anyway :D

Radio stations love to pull him off the air

4. Ya we Lots WHSF the same way over night, but they are all over XM and the web so its all good and they take over a radio station after 9 and on the weekends here so we get a taste still.

5. Radio stations over the airwaves make their money by selling ads. If they announced that they were switching formats even one day ahead of time, all the listeners would bail and they would loose money. That is the bottom line and why they never warn you.

Used to listen to HSF a long time ago when they were really good. Late 70s.

Howard S got kicked out of Wash DC in the early 80s. I would listen to him now and then for a laugh, but he got too out there for me. Now, I think he is just plain obnoxious. Sorry. ;) Would never listen to him again.

6. They do that all the time in KC. Like, we have 5 country stations, and 5 rock stations, and the only jazz station in town just suddenly switched to a rap station.....and not even a really good one at that. Then, the last alternitive station that played 80's-late 90's music switched to a classic rock station.....after teh fact taht we already have 2 of them. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Just makes you mad.

7. i love sirius and xm :) its all i listen to! :) no annoying commercials and i get to listen to what i am wanting to hear :)

8. ORANGE

ORANGE DragonWolf

broke college kid < monthly fees :(