1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Just one Question... WHY????

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Mignonne, 20 Nov 2006.

1. Why do children insist on arguing and fighting over stupid petty stuff that if they just did, and its not hard, would make their life and mine so much easier ... but nooo... must argue with sibling!!!!!

*rant off*

2. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

it's a territorial thing.

3. Its the top dog thing. My kids do it too.

4. Honestly?
    In part it has to do with a pecking order and self-status assessment.
    Even we (as adults) can get easily caught up in a spur-of-the-moment situation/argument and develop the "me too" attitude (painful examples would be 'lynch mobs').
    We are the only species that change our environment to suit our needs. We are also individualistic creatures that are possibly the only creatures on Earth that are aware of our own physical mortality. Thus we often develop a need to "possess" and be "correct". It gives us a feeling of status. I once said that the only thing that motivates us is "greed". Even actions benign.

Example - I may perform a deed that helps you in some way. In doing so I feel good. Whether anyone knows about it or not is of secondary importance (sometimes that attention is the reason we do things - I'm sure you’re aware of the 'Negative Attention' behaviors that kids perform.)
    …but that is a different topic…

Competitiveness goes hand in hand with empowerment. And when there is no challenge we as humans must find a challenge to overcome - I guess you could say that is one way progress is made. ;)

After all, we don't agree with the opinions of others. We agree with our own opinions that others express. :brow:

And yes, my kids do it too. Just as I did with my sister (and she really was a terror). But...I was not raised to be a kind older brother. I am raising my kids a little differently than my parents 'raised' me.
    Until then.... "Calgon Take Me Away!" :D

~PM~

5. Because they're kids........... all kids have done it, and all kids will do it in the future, just let them duke it out so they can look back in a couple years and see the total retards they'd been

6. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Wait, I do that now....

7. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

<<puts on the old man hat>>

I was the last of 13 kids. We policed ourselves. You didn't bug mom or dad unless blood, fire, or bones sticking out. Mom and dad involvement was never good.

I am the most passive aggressive person you will ever meet. I remember being 4 years old, at the dinner table and telling my really mean older brother that I spit in his mouth when he slept.

Poor dad almost choked to death.