1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Like hearing from an old girlfriend

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Brokentusk, 26 Jun 2010.

1. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

I got an email from Turbine to come back to Asherons Call.

Holy Moses! That still running?!?!?!?

For those of you not up on ancient history, that was one of the first MMORPG's EVER!

It went live in like 1998. Impressed? You should be.

It was the first seamless world. You could literally walk every inch of coast without seeing a load screen. And it would take you WEEKS to do it.

It had a magic system that was slick. You literally had no idea what spells were available. In fact, there was one that would summon a portal to another location, that when the screenshots were posted, people thought they were faked.

Same thing with crafting. None of that namby-pamby crap. You could discover a new recipe that would give you a freaking rail-gun of a bow.

I am amazed they are still running, especially since they shut down the sequel to the game years ago.

Then again, my phone probably has enough horse power to operate as a server for it.

I'm going to go back in for a bit.

Now for those of you that are interested, I invite you to please join me.

http://ac.turbine.com/index.php?opt...tm_campaign=NEWSLETTER&referral=119907&skip=1

This was the last game that our fallen comrade Valin was in, he was my companion on many an adventure in Asherons Call. So going back will be a bitter sweet memory at best. I look forward to seeing those old places we used to fight at back-to-back.

2. Doomhawk

Doomhawk Council of Elders<BR>UberPigeon Elder DragonWolf

That game was awesome, I think alot of the newer mmos could learn alot from it for sure. I never got to a very high level because i kept rerolling my character trying to make the perfect archer lol.

I definatly remember playing with you and val though and exploring alot of differnt places. When he died the game just wasent really to fun for me anymore though. Then daoc was released and was my addiction for about 5 years hehe.

3. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

Forgot the relevant info.

Morningthaw server
    No idea what my character will be yet since I discovered my son deleted my level 98 bow god.

I did make an axe guy out of the new Gear Knight race called "Bender Bending Rodriguez", but I do miss bow.

4. Jouster

Jouster DragonWolf

Wow... I thought that was shut down years ago.

One day I was fishing with Siberian and we were talking about giving up Ultima Online to play Everquest when it released next month, but boy oh boy we couldn't wait for AC to released 2 years down the road!

That was also the day one of those "Big one that got away" things happened. Siberian said my expression should have caused the end of the world!