1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Loner Idris..

Discussion in 'Star Citizen Public Discussion' started by Asp, 4 Apr 2014.

1. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    Seeing a couple threads on this, people taking polls about whether and Idris should be able to be crewed entirely by NPCs.. While I get the idea that the ship should be able to have some NPCs fill empty crew slots, even have an entirely AI crew; the laugh comes from the people picking options that a fully NPC crew should be at least equal to a player crewed ship..

Which quite clearly equates to people who have too much money lying around "bought a ship" that they're afraid now wont be a solo pwn-mobile.. Then enable new thread and poll in hopes of influencing devs into making sure you can be a one man scourge of the galaxy.. My favourite is the odd scream from Idris owners who don't think anyone other than an Idris owner should have a say in the outcome; like none of us would be affected at all..

I honestly don't get people sometimes.. If you're so sure you've got no friends, and wont ever be part of a larger org, why the hell would you pay $1000+ to buy a multi-crew capital ship?? I sincerely hope that the devs make NPC crews vastly inferior to player crews if the thing is completely manned by them, or make it so you can only partially man them with NPCs; due respect to our Idris owners, you'll never be in a position where we wont crew your ships.. I'd really like to see Johnny Star Destroyer not get the keys to the galaxy just because he bought the ultimate loner ship + awesome robot crew..

Clearly the people voting for not having friends in the game, and wanting their own solo capital ship of carnage, haven't given a toss of a thought into how they're going to manage to support that ship after it gets wrecked several times, ALONE. I'm not sure what an Idris will cost in the game, but I'm guessing it ain't gonna be cheap to keep it up and running if you're careless with it, and don't have a corp behind you helping out. $1000+ spent to fly a frigate by yourself is not the way he should have gone about it www.eveonline.com

That said, I did find this picture a good laugh..

[​IMG]

2. well, it has been stated countless times that the npc will be starting out as an average skilled player, but can be "trained" to get better and can get experience on certain items if you keep them there long enough. I think nacht has a link somewhere where it was suggested that a max of 4 npc's per account or something like that? little help here nacht

3. Asp

Officer
    Ya, the NPCs being crew isn't my beef as much as some entitled idiots wanting everything.. Fully crewed (what's that now 10-14 npcs??), good as players (some people), non-Idris owners shouldn't be voting in their precious poll, etc etc.. The thread in the den is just dripping with elitism, that skuripanda twat probably one of the worst offenders..

Sure, you can have your fully loaded Idris, as long as I can have my 14+ man NPC Gladiator (of course my pilots will be as good as human pilots, just like your crew) wing to rip your cap ship a new asshole..

Again, I'm all about responsible use of NPCs, the fear is some of that selfish wishlisting will be taken seriously be the devs.. I'm surprised some of the worst of those guys aren't just demanding Roberts scrap the DFM and start building a broadsiding module for cap ships only.. :rolleyes:

4. Last I heard they were deciding to have somewhere between 6 and 10 NPC crewman.

5. Also, the polls and rioting erupted before it was announced that the Idris was now a frigate, so a corvette with up to 10 crew slots may be a soloable ship, but not a 26 crew frigate.

6. Asp

Officer
    Wasn't that before F42 stretched it out and made it a frigate?

7. Rephrase: 6-10 NPC crewman max per account.

8. Zib

Zib

Wait for the drama when thy announce that frigates need a player crew. That will be priceless. I try and avoid those threads on the RSI site, they are very dumb.

Edit I just found this, it is old but new to me

[​IMG]