1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Lord of the Rings Online Preorder Benefits

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Manitou, 25 Jan 2007.

1. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Please read the following for preorder benefit information:

Exclusive Founder's Offer* Includes:

Special Membership Pricing:
    $9.99 Monthly OR
    $199 Lifetime

Open Beta Privileges:
    Early Access —
    --- Be among the first to play
    --- Keep your character after launch

Unique In-Game Items:
    Enchanted Cloak of Regeneration
    Ring of Agility

Link: Lord of the Rings Online Preorder

2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Kind of cool you get to keep your char from open beta and save 5 bucks a month :brow:

3. Manitou

I am actually considering the lifetime.

4. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

That is the first time I have seen something like "lifetime" offered, which is actually an interesting deal. Although, it may only be worth it if you plan on playing the game for at least 20 months straight.

Anyways, the preorder deal sounds quite nice. I may consider it...

5. Hamma

Officer
    Yea its a cool idea hehe. I am looking forward to the NDA being lifted so we can post more details about the game.

Even the 9.99 a month is a pretty good savings and worth the pre-order.

6. when do u choose between the monthly discount and the lifetime price? and would the lifetime price cover you for expansions?

7. Hamma

Officer
    You have to pay for expansions however 9.99 is forever :brow:

If you pay the lifetime price you still need to buy expansions as well

8. i think he meant, does it cost more per month to access the expansions if you have the lifetime membership. like, your a life time member of *lotr* but in order to access our new two rings version, you have to pay xx amount of money extra each month.. or something like that :)

9. Hamma

Officer
    hehe I dont think they answered that fully - from the sounds of it no.. I will have to go check around the classified forums :rawr:

10. Thank you Mig...that's exactly what i was getting at :)

11. bullshit :rolleyes:

12. Manitou

Excuse me?

13. Hamma

Officer
    What the heck :lol:

14. Pricing probably only applies for USA & Canada. UK pricing is probably higher.

15. Manitou

If translated properly, Hynch needs to elaborate more often. :lol:

16. Actually it's about £36 for a Six-Month Membership, the £100 for Lifetime...

I just have understandable doubts about the Lifetime one. What's to say it only lasts for a year before a) they scrap the game, or b) they release a bundle with an expansion that has a far better offer.

17. Hamma

Officer
    Well then don't buy it :p Regardless if there is a better offer in the future or not if you were to go that route you would have the game forever and never have to pay a monthly fee. It's an interesting concept - not sure I would go that route though because who knows maybe I won't play for that long. I have never seen an MMO scrapped in a year however :lol: - esp not with the playerbase it already has :lol:

There is alot of debate about the lifetime sub on the lotro forums as well.

The pre-order and save 5 bucks a month though is definatly worth it I think - I will probably go that route! :D Since I have 2 subs to pay Jen and I save 10 bucks a month can't go wrong there hehe.

18. Well...there was this one MMO that got cancelled after or within a year if i recall correctly...it was called Earth & Beyond (the game that wished it was EVE) - the game had a total lack of depth and was horrible. I'm glad they cancelled it so quickly. (oh...and I think it was an EA game as well)

Having played both games, I can say that I seriously doubt that LotRO will tank anything like E&B. Just in beta is a much better game. Not that i know anything....

Anyway - If you are considering getting the game, its hard to not look @ the 9.99/month reduced fee. Definitely better than no discount.

19. Hamma

Officer
    :lol: That is true I stand corrected hehehe.

I actually think that was a Westwood Game that was chomped up by EA during the merger and got seriously hosed.