1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

McAfee = what a mistake

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by PumpMonkey, 12 Nov 2006.

1. Howdy -

Well... we all make mistakes and hopefully we can all learn from them.
    I found a CD with McAfee virus scan 6.0 so I thought I'd install it.

I did and I try to register it on-line.
    Several times and it fails to 'connect to the server' but I can get to the internet. Thinking its the router, I bypass it and plug the box directly into the Modem.
    I still cannot connect to their server. So I contact 'live chat'. The rat disconnected the session on me so I didn't get the transcript - but here is the basis of it -
    After I get the "Welcome to McAfee, how my I help you today." line, I introduce myself, tell him what the product I have, and what the problem I have encountered.
    He tells me that there is no account under the email I am using. (had to fill it in when I signed up for the chat)
    I told him I tried to register it yesterday, and I give him the email I thought I used.
    He tells me that email is not in his DB.
    So I give him another stating, that if it isn't this one, then I do not have an account.
    He says the last email doesn't exist. This part of the confab I remember -

ME: Ok. Well how do I get an account
    McAfee: What is the product you have?
    ME: McAfee VirusScan version 6.0 (which I informed him of earlier - but I didn't point that out)
    ...pause...pause...pause...
    McAfee: I am authorized to inform you that the latest version is McAfee VirusScan 11 and McAfee no longer supports version 6.
    ME: That's fine. But what I am asking is how to get an account.
    ME: An account with McAfee should not be limited via products
    ...pause...pause...pause...
    McAfee: You need to Contact McAfee customer support (and he gives a 408 phone number) for your account details.
    ME: I do not have an account so there can't be any details.

...pause...pause...pause...and THEN the rat disconnected me.
    :mad:

I do not believe I will have anything positive to say about McAfee for a long time.

~PM~

2. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

3. Pump, I may be able to help you with that. ;)