1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Moola

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by DonkeySmiler, 30 Aug 2007.

1. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

In my ongoing search for things to fill my time here at work, I came across the site Moola. I was skeptical at first and figured it to be just another lame ad site..... but it does have an interesting approach and it actually pays (so far).

FAQ:

Have I actually made any money? Yes, I got a check for $10 and I am over half way to a second one.

Do you have to play the games? No, all I do is log on a couple times throughout the day and spin the booster search wheel.

Why don't I play the games? Cause I suck and almost always lose. However, my coworker plays them all the time and has been fairly successful in doing so.

Am I trying to refer people in a lame attempt to make more money? Yes, but considering we are talking about nickels and dimes, I won't exactly be taking the money and hitting the Riviera on my own personal yacht.

I only have 5 invites, but if someone joins they will get invites and can post them for others.

http://www.moola.com:80/moopubs/b2b/exc/join.jsp?sid=4d5449744e6a55344d54593d-2

If you have any questions or just want to laugh at me- AIM: ClownJamboree

Last edited: 30 Aug 2007
  2. ha ha ha

I just signed up for an invitation

ha ha ha

edit: i just won my first penny....i now have two pennies... exciting!

Last edited: 30 Aug 2007
  3. DonkeySmiler

lol, you sound like the guys here at work. They get all excited when they hit the big time and win....... 5 cents :p :eek:

4. Side note: DS, The Killers=Teh Roxors. I friggin love that band, but maybe that is just my inner emo peaking out. Meh, either way, I'm going to go put my killers CD in now :p.

5. DonkeySmiler

Sweet! I just saw them live last night :D They were amazing..... the only downside was the show was outdoors and it was pouring down rain. My shoes are still soaked ;) It was worth it though.

6. :cool: :cool: I am jealous as hell, I've missed them the past few times they have come through my area.

7. DonkeySmiler

Was funny..... the opening band, Louis XIV (I think that is spelled right) played a couple songs and then said they had to stop due to the weather..... the crowd (sold out crowd) all started chanting "Rain or shine" because that is what was announced on the tickets. Sure enough 30 or so minutes later the opener came back out and finished their set and then the killers blew everyone away with an amazing (and surprisingly lengthy set).

8. DonkeySmiler

Got another $10 :hump:

Can't believe more of you didn't sign up..... yeah it isn't much money, but over time it builds up and it takes seconds a day to do the spins.

The other day my boss got a $5 spin...... the bastard :)

9. DonkeySmiler

You all are probably tired of seeing this thread by now..... but gonna bump once more because they are doing a big booster blitz today. You sign up and they will start you off at 32 cents (I know big whoop right). Amongst my group here at work we have gotten over a hundred dollars (personally I have gotten $30). On the surface I know it does seem like a scam, but it really isn't.

And yes since I am trying to save up to buy a new computer I am obsessed with money as of late :)

Last edited: 6 Nov 2007
  10. DonkeySmiler

Up to over $90 :D

11. I lost my penny! :( Owell, Im bad at high low and I didnt understand the lock in thing. LOL, guess Im broke now!

12. DonkeySmiler

The trick to it is to not play the games...... You can if you want, but most are based on chance and who wants to risk money to chance? (granted, one might say that gold rush involves some "skill", and I have gotten fairly good at it.... but I don't play often because I don't like to lose money and it makes me stressed when I play lol.)

What you do is log on and do a search (use a real search.... not something like "dsafbekabfakeub"..... I try to think up stuff that people would buy like "used car parts" or "airline tickets") and get the "search and win" money wheel. With the basic search you can get up to 4 spins a day (in theory).

With the booster bar (need firefox to use), you double your chances of getting the wheel - which means 8 spins a day (again, in theory). I spin through the booster bar, then go into moola and spin there..... it *usually* allows me two spins in a row per log-in. Allow for like 2-3 hours between each time you log-in.

Since I sit at a computer all day at work, it is easy for me to spin anytime, but for others I would recommend trying to spin when you get up in the morning, after lunch, when you get home from work/school, and before bed. 2 x 4 = 8 spins a day (in theory).

I keep saying in theory because there are some days where you can get more than 8..... I had around 16 spins one day.... and other days when the wheel is being stingy and you only get like 4 (but those days are rare, thankfully). I have found trying to spin from different computers/places seems to equate to more spins.... but that may just be in my head.

With that said, if you get the expected 8 spins a day and get the lowest amount on the wheel (at this time) - 2 cents, that would equate to 16 cents a day. Times that by 365 days and you would make over 55 dollars a year.... not much, I know.... but still it is free dinner at a nice restaurant.

The thing is, you often can score higher on the wheel than 2 cents. I have hit $1 5 times, 50 and 25 quite a few times, and 10 and 5 cents fairly often...... sure there are dry spells where you hit nothing but 2 cents.... but other days where you hit a couple 50 centers in a row.

The hurdle to get over is to not get discouraged when starting out so low and spinning for pennies..... if you can get over that and just stick to your guns and spin, it actually builds up surprisingly fast.

I guess it is just all about taking the effort to remember to spin..... sure it is easy for me to say since I sit in front of a computer all day..... but if my mom (who is computer illiterate and a fairly busy person) can do it, anyone can. There is a guy at work that is adamant about not doing moola cause he thinks having to remember to spin is too much work...... he is a lazy moron. It literally takes maybe 5 minutes total everyday (and that is way overblown), to log on real quick and try the spins. And yeah the money isn't amazing, but it does build up.... like I said in my previous post, I am up to over $90, my mom is up to over $40.... and many of my coworkers are at $20 and $30. If Moola sticks around for a couple years (not holding my breath), those numbers will continue to rise and start hitting respectable levels.

Plus, there is always the chance (small as it is) to hit some big money on the wheel.... and you can't win if you don't play.

If you have any questions, let me know. And yeah it seems like I am a poster-boy for Moola to try and get referrals..... but I really could care less about referrals.... yeah it is nice, but the money is negligible.... all I care about is people taking advantage of the opportunity while they still can.

oh yeah, you can only have two moola accounts per household... and do not spin for the other person.... they caught a guy at work doing it and zeroed his account.

Lol this post was long....

Last edited: 21 Jan 2008
  13. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    *Searches for a "Gamblers Anonymous" MMO for Donkey to play* :p

14. DonkeySmiler

Lol.... that is why I only spin... no gambling involved. Almost everyone I've told Moola about comes back saying they lost in the games (so you were definitely not alone JleenCooky)..... I try to make it as clear as possible.... do not play the games! :D Someone might say that is not fair to Moola.... well too bad, their system, their rules, my money :)