1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Need Help..

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Alekzander, 4 Oct 2001.

1. Alekzander

Alekzander =oV=

My tribes install is fucked. Tonight I couldn't even get it to run in a pub. Nothing would move and I couldn't even host w/o the game crashing. Therefore, I uninstalled. I then tried a re-install and I have not yet been able to update a fresh install. I've tried 8 times and on three different drives. Keep in mind I did try to run the updates from the same drive as the game was stored on.

I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

I keep getting the message that.. "Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. blahh blahh something about data not matching.. Install aborted."

Anybody run into this fucking bullshit? And btw FUCK YOU SIERRA.. Bunch of freaking 1st graders running another software company.

Please, if any of you guys have run into this clue me in on what I should do to fix it. Thanks.

2. Alekzander

Alekzander =oV=

You know what. Tomorrow I call from my company phone and bitch Sierra out. This is infuriating.

3. t2 first aid thing

ummm.........try that? if it dont work.........ummm have to see what others say

4. You COULD just format... =p

War

5. Alekzander

Alekzander =oV=

Fixed. Damn Sierra for releasing a patch that causes me to use some first aid utility. OR even a cd. Stupid people. I mean heck I give them props. Playing the leisure suit larry games back in the day was fun but this shit must not continue.

I grew a few gray hairs over verant and EQ. I refuse to get stressed about T2.

Lol thanks for the advise WC on fixing it.

6. Alekzander

Alekzander =oV=

Hahahahah this night does not stop getting any funnier. I re-installed but forgot to write down my login name.. Plus my old e-mail address has changed.. THEREFORE, I can't get my fucking god damn account info. Lol, this is just to hilarious.

I guess I really have to talk to a customer service rep about this one. I wonder/hope they can pull up my account info by the cd-key. Was a bit miffed that I couldn't even pull up a new account since the old cd-key had been used to create my initial account.

Alek

7. mtx

mtx Official Decepticon

Don't worry... :drunk: be happy..:lol:

8. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    vgo :)

9. Alekzander

Alekzander =oV=

Anybody hear of this happening before? Curious as to what I need to have and who I need to call.

10. mtx

mtx Official Decepticon

I'll sell you my login name and password :)

11. Great Dane

Great Dane <B><FONT COLOR="RED">THE LEGENDARY BANNED</FONT></

I saw a thread posted on the Serria forums once and Serria said that you would need to call them and give them the e-mail address and they could help you out.

12. mtx

mtx Official Decepticon

I heard seirra say they made a really shitty game and it wouldn't happen again. Of course they didn't say it in those words.

13. Great Dane

They said they released a shitty game that wasn't finished, but they say it ok now.

14. Alekzander

Alekzander =oV=

I e-mailed some accounts creation dude. I hope his ass gets back to me soon. We have a TWL match Sunday.

15. Alekzander

Alekzander =oV=

Well just like all systems where there is no threat I am going to show up at a businesses place of operations and physically face to face confront either a operations manager or a customer service manager.. I recieved horrible fucking service. No god damn reply too my message and reminder I sent mid day. Stupid ass Sierra. God damn stupid ass Game companies in general. I can't stand the fact that they abuse the customer relationship.

16. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    vgo, Did u call them?

17. Great Dane

Call the Tech Support number and refuse to speak to anyone but the manager. Then refuse to get off the phone until they help you.

18. mtx

mtx Official Decepticon

When you do whatever... just remember to ask for names. Grab as many names and job ranks as you can. That makes people nervous.

19. You could also tell them that you know :gayzer: that makes people nervous too.

20. mtx

mtx Official Decepticon

Yeah tell them that he is hot for tellaworkers :lol: