1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

off the wall music question

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Mijahu, 5 Jun 2004.

1. Does anyone happen to know if there's (preferably working) independent firmware written for the iPod that supports musepack files ?

heh I've been messing around with audio encoding recently and I'm trying to figure out what to keep on my computer... mp3's sound crappy unless you keep the bitrate way high and FLAC, at 3/4s the size of cd audio files, is just too space consuming to rip all my CDs. So somewhere in there I decided to go with musepack, but I'm really hoping that there's a way to get them on mah iPod somewhere out there :D. Just wondering if anyone else found it first because I'm too lazy to look for more than 15mins ;).

2. ORANGE

ORANGE DragonWolf

no I don't think so I've been searching for crap for mine for awhile and Apple keeps most of their stuff wrapped up as tight as Microsoft however there is news that ogg files will be playayble on the next version of the I-Pod but I don't think musepack is popular enough right now for them to include it any time soon the next version of the I-Pod may be a little more hacker friendly with the possibility of 3rd party apps coming out for it after it's release which will probably be around september of this year

3. Heh, who knows, if they decide to make it a bit more available to mods that would be great. It's a shame that there isn't already more support for some of the newer codecs that are comming out. I was already supprised by the support the flac and musepack developers and community were giving their codecs, especially for freeware. It's a shame that larger companies aren't supporting them more.