1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Rome: Total War

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Ingwë, 21 Aug 2004.

1. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

This is an RTS that looks just incredible. If you’re a nerd (like me), you may have seen some of the game on the History Channel's show Decisive Battles. The demo for this game is coming out on 12:01am PDT on Monday the 23rd of August at File Planet's website. In my opinion this game is a must play, it appears to use a lot more tactics than more recent games do (WC III, DoW, GC II...) just like the other Total War series.

The virtual line to download is going to be so damn long.

2. yeah, i have been drooling over this one for months now.

3. Thanks for the heads up... This has been on my upcoming games wish list as well.

4. Its already out. Don't know exact locations as the place I got it from was on a private BT tracker

5. i saw it on BT somewhere but tracker was way dead.

Wanna ftp it to us so we dont have to wait in lines?

6. Give me a place to upload it to and I will gladly do it.

7. nvm i got a super fast torrent going now.

8. Where can I get it?

9. Ingwë

If you could FTP it that would be great. :)

10. ok i'll try to get it on my comcast webspace, it aint that great it already am done with it in 20 minutes.

-edit im uploading now but its gonna take a while so it will be reay tommoarow.

ill post the link to it in a bit

-edit x2

yea ftp not working sry guys

Last edited: 23 Aug 2004
  11. this looks to be an excellent game....it appears that battles may entail in the upwards of 10,000 units per side. :drool: I, of course will be getting the demo asap

/me needs no stinking lines.........loving fileplanet account ;)

12. anyone that has the demo already tell me if it has any multiplayer?

13. Demo = 1 tutorial battle adn one regular battle. Its not worth waiting along time for.

14. crashes my system every time i try to play it :( Not going to worry about it then

15. i got it off of fileplanet. The historical batle you play is with hannibul and hes got some niftly phalanx infantry, a ton of calvary, and war elephants. The elephants are so dangerous but damn fun to play with. The first time i charged them into the front lines of battle and they ran over half of my barbarian mercenaries on the way. OUCH! the second time I managed to swing them outside of my lines so they wouldnt run over anyone and then they charged in directly to the the enemy flanks, but these elephants dont stop when they hit the lines, they just keep rampaging. This time the armored elephants rampaged their way down the entire enemy front line without stoping and left fear and choas in their wakes! friggin awsome!

16. Ingwë

This game is so awesome; I love the realistic elements and tactics. Being able to command historical battles is just so much fun. I am definitely considering purchasing this game once it comes out. :thumbsup:

17. I just played the demo and was impressed.

Drawback to the demo is you only get a tutorial battle and the Battle of Trebia (Hannibal's route of the Romans by use of surprise attack from some cavalry units).

18. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Like the other Total War games (Shogun, Medieval), it's in the same calibre. Neat fights set up by you in a "god mode" view. After a while though, the others got boring, will this be the same?

I'd love to see them do the US Civil War! Imagine applying the same engine to any of those battles... Gettysburg, Vicksburg, Antietam just to name a few. Would the South win with a new armchair general?

19. I downloaded the beta yesterday. It was cool at first...I could see it getting real boring real quick though. I unfortunately don't have the patience for those types of games.

20. THIS GAME ROCKS

If not jsut for the starting videos for each families campaigns which rock. The gameplay is really really fun, horses seem a bit overpowered but who cares. The campaign map is much better than the old Total War style. ITs 3d and rockin. I actually was mad when one of my family members was killed and then stormed around killing Gauls by the 100s.