1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Snow Tires? (What do YOU use to navigate!)

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Asmodeus, 14 Dec 2003.

1. For us canadians, we can't use studded tires, so we're stuck with good ol friction tires.

Personally, I'm using relatively cheap Nordic Icetracs, but what I really want is some Nokians.

Anyone else (who actually gets snow!) Care to share their favourite snow tire?

2. used to use studded tires when i lived in montana. i'd just pull the studs out when the snow season was over.

3. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    I just leave the same ones on. :p

4. Ok..

Some actual -real- answers here. All-season users, don't even bother. :p

Snow tires are hands down the best traction you can get in winter... in fact, it's even snowing right now too. Can't wait for a couple centimetres to be coating the 417 on the drive home. :D

5. all season with a four wheel drive vehicle that can actually handle the snow... ;)

6. mtx

mtx Official Decepticon

Snow? What is this snow you speak of?

Warchilde and I both live in the desert. We don't worry about snow. :D

7. Ramious

Ramious <font color="red">DAoC Division</font>

Bah snow tires, You ain't a real Canadian untill you can do it in normal tires! Old tires is when you have all the fun!

8. Same, but I guess I'd be using snow-boots :) No driving for me yet :(

9. OH! I have. What do you think I was driving around on? If I can find the old picture, I'll show you what I drove around on in the winter...
    Nope.. don't got it anymore.. but basically, there was 3mm (yes millimetres) left on the tires, and I drove around on those all winter. I know what it's like. :p

On a side note: I took pictures of my car after the trip to north bay, ontario. It's brown. (it's a painted white car)

It's horrible! I'm definately washing my car this weekend.

10. Snow tires? Phtt.
    We just use the guy next to us to avoid ending up in the ditch.
    :D

11. jupe

jupe Shocklance Ninja DragonWolf

uh

the city bus

:eek:

12. Here in the frozen tundra of the U.S. (read Wisconsin) we have these things call "Snow Plows". I'm sure they'll make it to Canada some day.

13. Ramious

Ramious <font color="red">DAoC Division</font>

We're one ahead of ya, we got salters!

14. Buffalo N.Y. is not as snow crazy as alotta people think. The lake effect is the biggest bitch but depending on the year it happens very rarely. I don't use the winter tires...I'm all man baby! ummm...dumb maybe but all man!

15. Live in michigan and get a whole new meaning to "lake effect". I keep the same tires on 'cause I'm poor ;)

16. Same tires all year with tire chains and a 4 wheel drive :) I go overboard.. lol

17. Four wheel drive?