1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

The greatest game of all time returns again...

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Rayzer, 7 Jun 2005.

1. Hightlights:

IGNPC: Are you planning to include multiplayer options out of the box? What types of things can we expect from the multiplayer game? We hear there's a cooperative mode? How does that work?

Barry Caudill: You bet! This game was designed to be multiplayer from the ground up and we have been playing MP games for a year and a half already. Players will be able to compete in traditional turn-based or simultaneous move games either on a network or via the Internet. We will be using Gamespy for Internet matchmaking. Other options include Hot Seat, Play by Email, and a persistent turn server we call Pitboss.

Coop will work in a similar fashion to what you would expect from an RTS like Age of Kings or Warcraft 3. Players on the same team will share line of site, the benefits of wonders, research (they can even research the same thing to try to get it faster), unit trading, and share territory. All of these additions deliver a plethora of new strategic and tactical options to the players.

IGNPC: How many people are working on this project? When did you start working and what stage is the game at now?

Barry Caudill: Internally, we have 38 on the team working directly on various aspects but we also have some work contracted out and several interns coming on board for the summer. We started working on the game about 2 years ago and expect to have it in stores for the holidays.

2. Definately sounds like a good start on the project. Civ3 left some things to be desired, especially at its initial release (all the mp stuff, bugs). They should have known about the MP- both Civ2 gold and Alpha Centauri were very popular for their MP modes.

3. He he he .. he said sleepover!!!! :)

4. Well we weren't wearing lingerie or having pillow fights, if that's what you're suggesting.

Such a perv, that Mig(gy poo).

5. civ 3 isn't even outdated yet. I still such a great game. Oh, I supose I could buy ANOTHER civ game if it really improves on the last one.

6. Mao: i was not aware that guys wore Lingerie! :) wow :) learn something new every day :) *winks*

and Miggypoo.. geesh what am i going to do with ya'll!