1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

The Guild 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Arglaar, 20 Oct 2006.

1. Saw this in a Fry's Ad. Had to check it out.

Hyncharas, you may have heard of this... it's from a German Developer.

From the limited time I've looked at it.. it appears to be rather "Elder-Scrolls like"

Might be interesting.

http://www.theguild2.com/index.php?lang=en

The Story
    Europe, 1400 A.D. - The last crusade, which started 6 years before,
    ended in a horrible defeat when the crusaders failed to conquer Nikopolis before being reached by the armies of osmans and serbs. The dream of conquering Jerusalem is forgotten, and European authorities are well aware that over the coming centuries, they will be submerged into defending themselves against the osman forces, which have several outposts in
    eastern Europe. The roman-catholic church is in a state of devestating
    dispute and intrigue, and uprisings are clearly just around the corner.

Meanwhile, the old barriers between citizens and noblemen are crumbling. With dignity, good luck and wealth, even merchants and craftsmen are able to join the realms of power. A time has come where kings and leaders
    depend on the gold of businessmen, and they are willing to pay the price...

This is the setting you will be faced with as you enter the medieval world in your struggle to build your very own dynasty!

Features
    • Middle Ages come to life!
      Experience the end of the middle ages like you
      have never done before in a beautifully crafted
      and immersive 3D world.
    • Everything’s real-time!
      Walk around the streets, witness the execution
      of a prisoner, or a rich merchant
      being robbed by one of your opponents.
    • Your power will keep you alive!
      Be a successful merchant or a cunning thief!.
      A large variety of professions and careers will
      allow you and your dynasty to make a life and
      even rise to nobility! Now it’s up to you to prove yourself!
    • Build your own character!
      State-of-the-art role playing features allow you
      to create your own unique character and play in
      a game of up to 3 members with different
      strengths and weaknesses.
    All these features are provided to ensure your entertainment and thrill:
    Medieval life simulation with overwhelming 3D graphics Unique blend of RPG, strategy and business simulation
    4 different character classes with specific abilities and advatages, from honest craftsman to fierce rogue...
    10 different professions, including alchemyst, smith and rogue, countless titles, elected positions and benefits form those Self-explaining and intuitive interface Huge and foolproof tutorial More thhan 150 minutes of orchestral soundtrack performed by the "Thüringen Philharmonie"
    Exciting multiplayer mode for up to 8 players, online and LAN

(Note, Spelling and grammatical errors copy-pasted from the official site :p )

2. Looks cool.

3. I prolly DL it and check it out

4. I'm getting this

5. saw this today ... looks pretty intresting actually :)

6. I dont know keeps crashing on me... then again it could be a bad crack.

7. Where can you get this? I went to the developer's site and can't find a demo of this game. So I was going to just buy it and there eShop is dysfunctional.

8. eb games had it in colorado :) cant help you for your area ;) but i would check gaming stores :)

9. From http://www.theguild2.com/index.php?lang=en&rid=1520

[​IMG]

10. Thanks darling. I am sure EB here will have it. I was hoping I could get a hold of a Demo first though. I will just have to bite the bullet and buy this one I guess.

<3

11. it looked good, but i had a decision to make, new sewing table or new game .. i really wanted the game but went with the sewing table. :)

12. Well I am sure you would get much more out of the sewing table than the game. I know how much you love your fabrics and making stuff.