1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

The happiest day of Hamma's Life!

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by DonkeySmiler, 13 Jun 2006.

1. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

All Blizzard franchises will become MMOGs

http://f13.net/?itemid=167

*edit - who knows if this is real or not..... regardless, don't give Hamma any sharp objects. Oh yeah this is also a revival of putting Hamma's name in the thread title, he loves it!

*edit 2 - Though, this could mean a well done mmofps (starcraft?) ala planetside.... so maybe Hamma can step back from the ledge :)

Last edited: 13 Jun 2006
  2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :mad:

3. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

Starcraft mmofps!!!1!1!

Go register worldofstarcraft-universe.com!

All kidding aside..... If blizzard can make a kick ass popular mmofps, it will prove the validity and potential success of the genre.

4. Hamma

Officer
    :lol: Indeed

5. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    As someone who has never played the game Starcraft, I've heard a lot of great things about it. I'd love to have a MMOFPS version of Starcraft. Then we can truly shout out "ZERG INCOMING!!!!"

6. Did the redsox win the WS today for the first time in like 100 years... then it isnt that was 2 years ago

7. Hamma

Officer
    :lol: Indeed

:p

8. Sentrosi

Officer
    Honestly, at first, I thought Hamma and Jen were expecting when I first read this thread.

9. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

I think that article is total BS. As for a Starcraft MMOFPS, that is not very likely since only the Terran really had "shooting" units. A Starcraft MMO game is more likely going to be Blizzard's "WoW II."

10. Great Dane

Great Dane <B><FONT COLOR="RED">THE LEGENDARY BANNED</FONT></

GameSpot did an April Fool's joke about a Starcraft MMO and the most common responce in all the threads started about it was "I wish it was real" maybe someone at blizzard read them.

11. To my knowledge; there is no official info as of yet.

However, Blizzard Entertainment's VP of game design, Rob Pardo will be at the Austin conf this year.

Maybe Racewiz is going to the conf again and he might try and follow up on it.

~PM~

12. i didn't think you guys existed.... you've missed out...its a great game

13. If Starcraft goes MMORPG or MMOFPS I'm buying it. I don't care if it sucks or not.

14. Sentrosi

Officer
    Remember, I don't like strategy games all that much. Sure, Ogame is a strategy game, but not in the same vein as Starcraft, Warcraft, Heroes of Might and Magic, etc.

15. So how come you ain't kicking my butt in UT2K4 on Tuesdays and Thursdays...?? :cool:

~PM~

16. Sentrosi

Officer
    LoL. Sorry about that Pump. WoW things and RL issues for the past month. And you'll probably kick MY ass. I might have time tonight for a few rounds though.

17. Diablo naturually lends its self to a MMO i dont know what they are waiting for...