1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

The Old Republic pre-orders/plan on purchasing

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Sentrosi, 24 Sep 2011.

1. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Post here if you have pre ordered the game or planning on purchasing the game.

I have pre-ordered the game.

2. Lunar

Lunar Development Officer Officer

Officer
    I'll be preordering tomorrow.

3. I am pre-ordered, digital deluxe. A collectors would have been nice but just way toooo much for what you get over the deluxe. Would really like to have access to that store though, oh well.

At least I know when to schedule some time off now. What's everyone's favorite side so far? I'm leaning dark side as my focus.

4. Sentrosi

Officer
    That's the way I'm leaning too. But the next beta I plan on going the path of the light side and see how things are over there.

I do love the SI storyline though.

5. I'm going to hold out on this one unless it's confirmed to be the second coming. There's too many other good games coming out.

6. I have it pre-ordered

7. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    I'll be holding back on this one as well, while it was fun to try out I'm just about totally burned out on the MMORPG Genre these days. The timing is also horrible.

8. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    pre-ordered and while I'm leaning towards the Sith, I'd play whatever side we all agree on.

9. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

Pre-Ordered as well.

10. i know absolutely nothing about this game. making it difficult to make a decision. I see alot of you in beta saying this or that, I got every single possible class to level 10, etc etc. but yet, I still have no idea what this game is like. I have been checking out the website, at least they have a lot more infomation then they used to. giving me a pretty good idea of the class break downs. so, those of you that are playing beta, what class, advanced class you planning to start with?

Last edited: 26 Sep 2011
  11. Sentrosi

Officer
    Initially I'll probably go Sith Sorcerer. But I'll go with anything that the group of us needs. Ideally I'd like to see us all (somewhat) level up together and be available for the group quests and group PvP.

12. Asp

Officer
    This essentially is what I'm excited about the game for. New game property, brand new world, everyone's new, no one has 10000 gold to help their alts along, a brand new experience.

Have you thought about setting up a guild in the game ahead of time Sent? You can actually get everyone who's thinking of playing into the guild via their email addresses I think, and it ensures you'll end up playing on the same server as well.

Last edited: 26 Sep 2011
  13. I will pre-order next week. Asp, it sounds like we cant pick which server we want? I haven't played the beta, but would be bummed if I couldn't play on same server etc...

14. Asp

Officer
    No, you can pick what server you want, but I think the whole "establish your guild early", ensures that everyone is auto-included on the server the guild picks, and you can ensure that you play on the same server as other guilds you link your guild with, etc..

It's just to make things easier. :)

15. Ahhh, thanks for the info! Well I'm in, and will begin reviewing all classes. I would prefer to play a Bounty Hunter, but will go with what is needed most in the guild.

16. Sentrosi

Officer
    I was thinking about that Asp. And while I would be honored to lead another group of Dragonwolves into another game again, I just don't have time for that right now. So I was thinking of seeing if Black Widow Company wouldn't mind having a few CDLers to tag along with them in TOR. They are planning on going Sith, which is a plus and I think they're planning on getting on a PvP server. Also this would help us with in-game alliances in Planetside 2. I talked about this with the other Officers of the CDL and they don't have an issue with this.

17. Asp

Officer
    BWC could be good. We could also create a DW guild and link it to theirs and we'd all end up on the same server, but we'd have our own actual guild setup for the CDL family. That's always and option too. :)

Last edited: 27 Sep 2011
  18. Sentrosi

Officer
    http://www.the-bwc.com/smf/
    If you are interested in playing with BWC, click the above link and fill out an application. Put in the application that I referred you to them. And let me know that you've signed up with BWC.
    Remember this though. We may not be wearing our clan tag or adhering to a divisional charter while playing TOR, but we are representing all Dragonwolves whenever we play online. Our Core CoC still applies to us. So be cordial and respectful while playing with Black Widow Company. Thick skin is a pre-requisite with them. But if something bothers you, let Firefly and myself know about it.

19. I was hoping we would join a somewhat larger group for TOR. I don't want a ubersize guild with 50+ ppl online all the time where you have to turn guild spam off or go nuts, but 10-15 would be nice.

We could always have the DW guild as our Lightside guild. I registered on BWC's site but not sure I want to apply until we get closer to the launch date since I won't really be doing anything with them for the next 2 1/2 months unless its some beta time here and there and it seems like they don't care for inactive members.

20. Sentrosi

Officer
    I would like to target at least 15 players ready to go at launch. This will give us a core group we can grow from. I would want to keep the guild size manageable to about 30.