1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

The Stock Market.....

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by DonkeySmiler, 12 Nov 2007.

1. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

Anyone else about ready to cry? :eek:

2. Tbeast

Tbeast Recruitment Officer Officer Elder

Officer
    ??

i miss something?

3. Om

Om DragonWolf

Did China buy everything? Will they be evicting us from our country soon?

4. Tbeast

Officer
    they are trying with all the high lead stuff they are sending us

5. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

Nothing specific..... It has just been going down like crazy. I should probably stop looking and spare myself the pain.

And yes China does own us :) People always ask why I am taking Chinese. I tell them so I can ask them to be nice to me after their eventual takeover.

6. symen

symen DragonWolf

I'm not sad about this at all. I'm going to increase my investments in the near future, as it's the best time to do it when the market is low -- you make that much more money when it goes back up again. It's especially good if you have a company 401K or something long-term like that, market cycles like this are what enable those to be such good investments.

7. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Well the Chinese government, for the past 10+ years, has been buying the American Dollar like nothing. Last month they sort of threatened to dump all the cash they've got locked up into the open market. What that means is the dollar is further devalued, thus leading us more and more into a recession. China opened talks with the European Union in discussing their Euros. I hope the EU learns what is happening to us and doesn't make the same mistake.

I do think it's funny that, suddenly, there is a date rape drug on childrens toys coming from China along with lead. Coincidence? You be the judge.

8. Om

Om DragonWolf

date rape drug?

9. Om

Om DragonWolf

unbelievable.

10. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    I think what we're seeing here is a change in what is considered to be the global currency. I read an article somewhere that did a timeline about this. Originally it was gold then when Great Britain was in it's heyday, it was the Pound Sterling until the 20th century and the US's industrial might kicked in it became the US dollar. This article mentioned that the future global currency could very well be the Euro. All of this can be bad or good depending on the which side of the fence you're on.

Last edited: 13 Nov 2007
  11. Rane

Rane DragonWolf

You know its bad when Canada's currency is worth more then the US dollar =P.

12. U know what we need to do here??

1. Tell china their money isnt worth a damn
    2. Make a big deal out of china selling us shitty toys
    3. Fake some sort of chinese attack on US soil to piss off the states
    4. Engage in a long term full war (not whats in Iraq) and encourage factories to reopen
    5. Get the rest of the world involved.
    6. Profit.
    7. Nuke china into a giant hole.
    8. Fill the hole with sand and let the surviving children play in it, when they get cancer say "Haha, serves you right."

13. well it finally rose somewhat this week and the price of oil dropped $3 roughly, still, $91 for oil is insane

14. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Soooo many things wrong with this kind of thought process. I'll just concentrate on the first couple.

China just goes ahead and starts to buy up Euros, driving our dollar's value down the tubes. Right now you pay, in real money, $1.20 for a .99 soda due to inflation. If China starts to buy up the Euro, you're going to pay $3.00 real money for a .99 soda.

No one else in the world buys more from China than we do. We can thank Nixon for that. So no one in the world really cares. I mean, they do care, but not in a global "hitler-esque" sense of rallying troops to battle.

And you thought the kooks thinking the WTC attacks were coordinated by the US was bad....You can't fool the American public these days, believe it or not. Besides, it just doesn't make sense to China. They're beating us in the World Markets. Why try to take us over? They already are.

I would support the second part of this statement. If we are to survive in this new world then we need to become self reliant. But we can't engage in a long term war. We don't have the manpower or the will of the American public to do so.

The rest, to me, is just silly.

15. Tbeast

Officer
    Got some family members that are banking right now , they have a few oil fields in oklahoma.

16. It has actually become an art. Fooling the American public that is. That's how this whole war in Iraq and soon to be Iran became what it is today. But I digress. Suffice to say, Americans are the easiest group of people to fool. Stick it into mainstream media and boom, you've got yourself a large following of supporters. Tylenol could be linked to health issues? Not if Tylenol pays somebody enough to keep that quiet, or at least out of mainstream media.

You can't say that doesn't happen frequently here in the U.S.

17. Here's the deal from my perspective. Republican party has been spending money they don't have. Banks gave mortgages to people who didn't have collatoral. When interest rates went up, the bottom fell out of real estate. War in middle east is costing over a trillion dollars US now.
    The US is drowning in debt. That is the only reason that your suffering financially globally. Many of the financial superpowers have been going the other direction.
    As Rane said, the loonie is worth more then the greenback. Only because the loonie has been consistant. Canada is a exporting nation. Most of it's raw materials head south to the US. We aren't that pleased for a big business point of view here about the strength of our dollar.
    But personally, I'm pretty happy about it. I can go to Grand Forks this weekend and blow a wad of cash. Not paying Canadian taxes, and getting more bang for my buck. At this point I'm looking at saving 12% on anything I buy in the US instead of here.
    When the republicans quit spending more then their making, things will turn around for you.
    Oh, for goodness sake quit putting the Bush family in power....it's like a freakin monarchy already. :)