1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

This is a Tragic Day in U.S. history.

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Great Dane, 11 Sep 2001.

1. Great Dane

Great Dane <B><FONT COLOR="RED">THE LEGENDARY BANNED</FONT></

Not the best news to wake up to in the morning. My heart goes out to the familys who's lives were ruined this day.

2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Its undescribable.. Im watching it on the only TV in the bulding and it seems like im watching a bad movie.. And its not over

3. now the world has changed,us perints know that we can do litle to chandge the avents of ower world we live in. but hope that the litle we can do will keep ower love'd one's safe.and this is the gole of tererists to proov that we are rong.

but whith prare, and trust in the ofishals we have beastowd ower trust to we shal proov them rong.we will be vigalint in this it is asherd.

my prars and all my hopes go out to all of awer CDL brethrin and frends..

i am truly sadind at the loss this grate contry has suferd this day :(

4. Om

Om DragonWolf

This is a sad day.

5. Hamma

Officer
    My bet is that Mani is pretty busy right now.. my thoughts are with you.

I hope we take some serious action against these people.. This is truly a day that will be rememberd by all.. I cant even think straight nevermind work today :(

6. Om

Om DragonWolf

7. Hamma

Officer
    One of the more frigtening parts of this is taht they started in boston.. (I live in MA) Which means whoever it was, was here... Also I have an uncle that lives 3 blocks down from the World Trade Center.. He has been watching it all unfold right out his window.

8. Great Dane

This whole thing is just beyond beleif. Some piss ant country in the Middle East is about to be wiped from the face of the earth.

Eye for an eye.

9. Hamma

Officer
    Indeed.

Its like watching a movie, still hard to grasp

10. I woke up at 6am my time just to find this was happening..... Today we all witnessed history. I will tell ya one thing..... If we dont find out who offically did this....say bye bye to the middle east.

11. This is a horrible day. There are no words to describe what has happened. Yet the flame must live on. My heart, prayers, and tears got out to the victums, families, friends, and loved ones of the terrible act of cowerdace.

Those responsible must be found and brought to justice, but let us retailate with rightious justice against those responisble. This is not the time to jump to conclusions or attack a group of people who may have nothing to do with the incident. We must be careful to make sure that our justice is rightly placed. I for one will not be satisfied with blowing up a portion of the world in hopes we kill those that are responsible.

I want to know how is responsible. Tell them we know they are responsible, tell them we are coming and there is nothing they can do, and then unleash the entire wrath of the US might against them. To me this would be far more satisfying and justifed.

But no matter what happens, today will be burned into the hearts and souls of all Americans. It is a sad day, my heart grieves for our country.

Sean Barry
    often know as -CDL-Rayzer

12. Great Dane

I am being sent home from work.

The good news is that all the employe's we have in New York, and the 4 techs that were doing work at the World Trade Center are all accounted for.

There is still one lady I work with that no one has heard from. She was flying home from Boston to SF this morning. I hope she is ok.

13. Greetings,

My prayers and sympathies go out to the familes of the victims of this terrible event. I hope that the individuals that did this horrific action are brought to justice and that justice is swift and strong.

I hope all is well with Manitou during these times. In time this action will not be forgotten..But make the United States Stronger.

Farewell....

14. I hope they find the EVIL responsible for this and let the entire city of Newyork tear them to shreads, under no court of law should they be judged other then that of man with pure malice then by GOD!

[​IMG]

15. Om

Om DragonWolf

First hand account:

Life in NYC
    I can only imagine what everyone thinks.

I came into work early this morning. You see I work at a small consulting firm on the corner of 8th Ave. and 14th Street in New York. This is about 4 subway stops from being directly under the WTC (World Trade Center). I came out from the subway and heard a big boom. I felt the ground shake and the air changed. I saw a plume of smoke rise over the buildings across the street. I panicked abit and went up into the building. I went to our office on the 12th floor and everyone was whitefaced. They pointed out the window and I saw a gaping hole in the side of one of the buildings. Smoke rising. As I watched we saw another plane come out of no where and run (like a knife through butter) through the second building. The secretary screamed and I could do nothing but stand there in shock.

I could only think of the Oklahoma bombing and think that we could be next. One of my coworkers grabbed me and we went up to the roof of our building. We watched the building with others that had made it to the roof. We were far enough away to not have to be really worried about getting caught in another explosion. Then, weirdly, the top of the more damaged building (second one hit) started collapsing in on itself .. then the whole building just started falling over onto some of the other buildings. Again, screams .. from all across in front of us people were also no roofs watching the tragedy. At this point someone said," People are jumping out of windows!!" Sure enough we saw people jumping out of floors that were 70 floors up. A lady, I will never forget her face looked out at the city and clamly jumped as flames licked her dress, and she jumped.. eyes closed.

The flames began to leak through the building like a sieve. I could make out fire from within the building (through the windows) that fire was pouring like liquid down through the building. I then realized that 1000s of pounds of jet fuel and liquid metal must be burning through the floors .. I muttered under my breath,"its going to go also .. god I hope it doesn't fall over onto more people." Soon afterwards it too fell ... gods hand must have been there because it imploded. This was not comforting because it killed so many firemen and heros below.

Give blood, get outraged, be safe.

Jim Cabe

16. Hamma

Officer
    Time for some serous action. This pisses me off to the core.

17. Full Otto

Full Otto Chain Gun Madman

take em all down

I say, you dance in the street, you get your country leveled.
    You claim responsibility, you get your country leveled.
    You bad mouth the US now, you get your country leveled.

If you watched the TV and saw people falling from a 110 story building to their death then see groups of people dancing because the US got a striking blow, you should die. Simple, no politics, no sympathy.

To long the US has said, we need to take action against these acts of terrorism and done nothing. Now, they will need to act to make up for all of this.

Bush will need to not only carry the big stick, but time to use the stick to beat some heads.

Otto

18. Back when I was working over seas recently for the U.S. Army, we had force protection exercises. The highest they practiced up to was Threatcon Charlie. Delta was never even mentioned. Under Charlie, there were about 15 armed security guards searching all the vehicles that enter for each of the entrances. Cement Barricades, similar to the ones on highway dividers, are set up to prevent over running the entrance. Every facility on post had a mandatory ID check with one or more fully equiped soldiers with m-16s (unloaded during practice). Among them, there were also soldiers walking along the streets. Cement barricades were installed to prevent anyone from driving near the headquaters building. Cement barricades were also installed around the schools. It was not uncommon to see more than one milatary police (similar to regular police) vehicle on the same road patrolling. I should be able to post some stuff on my website later on if I can get access..

19. Hamma

Officer
    Re: take em all down

I could not have said it better myself. No mercy. <b>NONE</b> btw Ive heard that the armed forces are on their highest possible level of alert.

20. I heard about this during school [which I'm still in right now ]...this has struck me to my core. Words, those things of such beauty and grace, cannot describe what evil has been wrought today. I will always remember this day in time. When I heard the announcement, I was shocked, wondering for a moment if it was all a prank, or our English teacher had decided to play War of the Worlds on tape. When I finally understood what had happened, I could barely contain my sorrow and rage at how someone could do such a thing to any person of any race, color, religion, et al. It was an act of terrorism that has struck close to home for everyone, those in America are mourning, while those in other countries are wondering that what has happened here could happen in their country. It amazes me that whoever decided to do this cruel act had planned it for months and possibly years.

I cannot say how sorry I feel for all the people who were killed in those terrorist attacks...they have a loss which can never be returned to them. I hope that they will be comforted by the knowledge that the world grieves with them and for them.

*Sigh* This is a sad day, which will be remembered in the hearts of many.

I sincerely hope that whoever planned this shall be brought to sweet justice, but until then we all must remain aware of our surroundings and be thankful for what we have today.

I will never forget this date in history...9/11/2001...