1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Vista Beta 2

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Duffman, 10 Jun 2006.

1. Anyone else got it yet?

Im trying it out right now, this is def not a build that can be run as your main OS. The hardware support is pretty bad and alot of things arent working. Its making me miss my XP a little bit. I havent tried any gaming on it but thats becasue i havent gotten it to work correctly enough to do so... my laptops on board sound doesnt work.

The cool features they are promising are pretty... incomplete or not working at all.

They claim to have more security, maybe from viruses and such but permisions seem the same i just have to click continue now to do whatever i want.

The gadgets they have are pretty poor right now the slideshow one runs my cpu at 100% and my ram is always at around 50% usage and i have a gig.

Windows aero if i can figure it out is ok but the cool little flip through programs in 3d is pretty usless but i do like that every window pops up as a thumbnail now that is pretty nice. If they have multi desktops like linux i cant find them.

IE7 still isnt as nice as FF nor nearly as customizable.

But its fun to play with... too bad there is no official forums or whatever like linux distros have where you can get communial help. If there is tell me.

Sorry this is sorta a rant so no spell checking for me.

2. Nope. Don't have it and don't plan on getting it soon. Been reading about it a little bit, and with features are being cut and deadlines pushed back - I wonder if they have decided to follow the motif of the games industry. (Which is to promise a solar system, but deliver only a moon and late at that.)

However...without actually giveing it a test-run, my comments are only speculated opinions (and unkind ones at that).

I think Racewiz may have taken a look at it. He may know more.

~PM~

3. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

From what I've read, the OS will be a huge resource hog. In order for people to upgrade their OS, most will have to buy a new (and expensive) computer to run it.