1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

What happens when you fall asleep at the wheel:

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Asmodeus, 23 Jan 2004.

1. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Thoughts and prayers to Matthew. Next time you see him tell him that we're all pulling for him to make a speedy recovery.

Is he going to be 100% when he comes home? What I mean by that is any chance of him paralyzed or otherwise handicapped after this?

2. tell him im hoping for his speedy recovery too :)

3. Actually Sent, that picture was taken late September when the accident happened.... he broke his left tib/fib and severed a bunch of ligaments in his right leg (has dropfoot, but is almost back to 100%)... his legs are still swollen from the accident and he has double vision now...

A little background information:
    He was working the overnight shifts (only 8 hours) on the weekend and going to school during the week, just like me... and had less to drive than me. This is the reason I do not like overnight shifts anymore. I came close to doing exactly what he did... I figure I might've fallen asleep at the wheel once or twice but for a microburst. He fell asleep and didn't wake up until he was at the hospital.. and even then he didn't realize what happened until several days later. I saw him the day after. He was in real rough shape.

He's lucky to be alive. If he had been going any faster, chances are that he would've been dead because the telephone pole was right in front of him (it smushed his right leg up to about his chin and forced the left leg under the seat....

Just wanted people to be aware of what can heppen if you drive while you're tired....

4. Sputters

Sputters DragonWolf<br>Invisible Shorts<br>AKA Black DragonWolf

Ouch that had to hurt :(

5. I wish the best for a full and speedy recovery. I am glad that he lived through the accident. Thank you for a very important reminder that many people ignore.

6. i wish him a speedy recovery.

7. Oed

Oed

I have a friend that had a sleeping accident as well. Hit the support for an overpass.

I wish your friend the best in recovery.

My friend was never the same after that. Had major head trama, changed his personality (after they drilled 8 holes in his head to releave the pressure from his swelling brain).

Drive awake.

8. I thought you were joking at first.

I hope you get better soon, Matt. Remeber not to eat too many grapes.