1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

What in the hell!?

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Fox, 5 Apr 2002.

1. 403 Forbidden
    Your client does not have permission to get URL /search?hl=en&q=tribes 2 from this server. (Client IP address: 68.40.207.137)

Unfortunately, Google has received a significant amount of abuse from your network. Because some person or people on your network have violated our Terms of Service (http://www.google.com/terms_of_service.html) and sent us numerous automated search queries, we have been forced to shut off access to Google's services from your network.

Note that we are not accusing you personally of having violated our Terms of Service; you are most likely an innocent victim of someone else's bad behavior. We're really sorry to have had to take this action.

We very much want to be able to work this problem out with your sysadmin or your ISP's network and/or abuse department. Unfortunately, so far, we have not been able to do so. Please contact your sysadmin or your ISP's network and/or abuse department and request that they track down who is causing this problem with Google. Please don't complain to Google about this problem (since there's nothing we can do until the problem on your network has been identified and stopped). Instead, please complain to your sysadmin or your ISP's network and/or abuse department. Letting them know that they need to take immediate action so that you can enjoy full access to the Internet (including Google) is the quickest way for you to regain your Google service.

We wholeheartedly apologize for the inconvenience to you, and with your help, we expect that we'll soon be able provide search results to you once more.

What...the...hell!? Could someone explain this to me!?

2. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

that is messed up.

3. OMG...I can't use Google anymore...what the hell...?! Someone tell me this is a dream...

4. Ingwë

well i am kinda sleepy so maybe it is.

5. OK...this is weird. I tried it agian...and it worked....tried it a third time and it gave me the 403 again...this is too weird...anyone know of a search engine somewhat comparable to Google!?

6. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    ouch, owned

7. Whew...I should've known...Alexa was killing Google :p...well now that I have that little issue settled...I'm going to save that 403 for a good laugh now and then...

8. mtx

mtx Official Decepticon

Glad you got it back. A life without google is like a life without a car. ;)

9. Ingwë

couldn't you just use dog pile or somthin?

10. Google has an insanely large collection of web-sites...I can't even think of the number...but it's over two million.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2002
  11. Ingwë

yah but dogpile searches on a lot of search sites and google is one of them.

12. Hm. Have to try that out sometime then.