1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

What is missing in the 21st century?

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Racewiz, 28 Mar 2006.

1. I thought about this after seeing the post from Mani about the brain cells and computer chips. My first thought was where is my flying car? They said we would have flying cars. (Who ever they are?)

So what do you think is missing? :D

2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    I want to work for starfleet, dammit.

3. symen

symen DragonWolf

Are you sure you want a flying car? Distracted soccer moms talking on cell phones and putting on makeup while driving 3-ton SUVs are dangerous enough with only two dimensions of freedom of movement. Three dimensions would be downright scary. :p

4. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

:rofl:

5. Hamma

Officer
    This is a quality point, must perfect autpilot first. :p

6. I didn't say anybody else, just 'my' flying car. ;)

7. Om

Om DragonWolf

Could be a convincing point if it weren't for the statistics. Young men are the one's not to be trusted. :p~

8. Hamma

Officer
    Anyone with a phone on their ear is a bad driver imo :lol:

They are working on making it illegal in Mass unless you use hands free bluetooth or some other method.

And even before that happens they are talking about raising the Driving Age from 16 1/2 to 17 1/2 and making it illegal for Minors to use cellphones period.

Hopefully this doesen't derail the thread :lol:

9. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

My dad (who is a pilot) knew a guy who quit working for one of the major commercial airlines and was going to be lead test pilot for a flying car project...... but that was awhile ago...... and haven't heard anything since :(

I want to fly!111 Think of the plethora of legal issues that would arise..... oh noes FWI - flying while intoxicated!1!!!

10. Hamma

Officer
    OMFG HE MUST BE IN AUSTRAILIA!!!111

[​IMG]

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/23/flying_car/

11. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

12. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    I'm missing my teleporter and disease-free lovin'.

And I would say I'm not flying my Death Star and I don't have my lightsaber, but that happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. This is about the future. Not the past.

13. There are PLENTY of rotten drivers out there. All senses are on ALERT when I'm picking up my son from pre-school.
    I'm thankful they are re-doing the school there - perhaps there will be enough parking and speed-bumps when my daughter is old enough to attend.

~PM~

14. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    That's too cold even for this Wisconsinite! Ain't no way I'm vacationing at a spot where for 14 days in the month the temperature is about -omgitssocoldmynippleswillfalloff!

15. symen

symen DragonWolf

That's a good point -- I've been hit by representatives of both groups. The other just came to mind first. ;)

An 18-year-old in a flying rice rocket with tinted windows, a spoiler, and a giant subwoofer sounds just as scary to me. :p