1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

XBox: SPlinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Praetor-Vong, 25 Mar 2004.

1. Saw this posted on EvilAvatar.com

Gamespot is reporting that the recently released Splinter Cell:pandora Tomorrow for XBox has a bug in it that locks the system up before online play. Apparantly when searching for an Optimatch, if it takes longer than 10 seconds will cause the sytem to hang.

UBI-Soft released this statement:
    "Ubisoft is aware of the problem, and we are looking into it now. We hope to address it quickly--however, we are pleased to report that the bug does not prevent players from playing online, and it does not occur during gameplay. Therefore we expect that players will still enjoy playing Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow while we look into resolving this issue."
    I hear the multiplayer is very sweet for this game. Anyone have any comments on it so far?

My response:
    Yeah, got this game. Experienced the online connection bug. Seriously pissed me off considering that one game I was working on got rejected for some minor Live issues and the dev team had to put in some serious overtime to get it fixed asap... wonder why MS let this one go, cuz I garauntee that MS did find this issue. Freezing after 10 seconds when it takes longer than that to find and display the speed ratings of the game servers out there is just a bad thing for the game... it turned me off of the Live portion of the game.

Also, in conjunction with this Live issue, I also found a spot, in the very first mission (literally 15 seconds after loading) where the player character can jump off the intended path and walk around the 'unseen' game world. I have several pics of it if anyone is interested. LOL. Was planning to send it to Ubi and MS just as a FYI.

On a lighter note, when I was able to connect to a server, I found the merc mode of gameplay InTeNsE...