1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Zu (app)

Discussion in 'The Dragon Wolves Recruitment Forum' started by Zuvarg, 17 Mar 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1) Your main character's Name
    Will be Zu (was Zuvarg, Moongarm in Planetside)
    2) Your main character's rank/level
    CR5 in Planetside
    3) Which Division in -CDL- are you applying for ?
    Planetside 2
    4) Previous Guilds and an explanation of why you left or are leaving your current guild.
    Dargonwolves Planetside Left gaming in 2004 when my computer crashed out and my wife got pissy
    5) What are you looking for in a guild? Please be thorough.
    comradeship, maturity
    6) Are you over 18?
    I'm now retired. I think that qualifies as a yes :)
    7) Have you READ AND UNDERSTOOD our CoC?
    Yes
    8) Any additional information you wish to provide us. Personal info, who you know in the guild , etc. ?
    Finally getting back into gaming. About to buy an new alienware computer and get into planetside again to prepare for planetside 2. Looking to reup with my old dragonwolf comrades.

2. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Holy cow! Zuvarg! What in the world...my head is spinning. haha Glad to see you, my old friend!

We can change your forum name back to the more familiar name if you want. I am looking forward to re-integrating you back into the pack.

Dang good to see you man.

3. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :eek:

4. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    See what happens when you let the dogs out Hamma?

They come back with a tasty treat. Welcome back Zuvarg!

5. Manitou,

Thanks for the welcome. No, this name is fine. I'm using it also for planetside universe and sony online as well. Us old guys can't have too many things to keep track of, heh. Looking to get my new computer in a month or so after I see what our taxes will look like.

Zu (unless someone grabs it first, then it's back to Zuvarg)

6. Thanks Sentrosi. Good to be back now that I don't have to worry about work too much. Heh.

And I see Hamma is still alive and kicking. I almost forgot about Planetside Universe.

Zu

7. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Wow! Heya Zu! Amazing to see you back again! Hello! :thumbsup:

8. Sentrosi

Officer
    Care to share the specs on your latest build Zu?

9. GraniteRok,

Greetings to you to. I remember when you were the noob! Now look at you!

Zu

10. Sentrosi,

Well, I always was interested in Alienware computers. Of course, now they've been taken over by Dell, apparently. But I've had good luck with Dells, so it doesn't perturb me too much. I'm looking at the high end x51 model with the following:

processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 3.4GHz (8MB Cache) with Hyper-Threading and Turbo Boost Technology 2.0

memory: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz

hard drive: 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache

video card: 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 555

monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2212HM 21.5-inch Widescreen Monitor

Add in a nice mouse of some kind (Razr? There seem to be a lot of good gaming mice out there) and a good set of headphones and a gaming keyboard of some kind and I should be set. I've read a couple of reviews of the above machine running mass effect 3 at decent frame rates at great resolutions, so it should be adequate for Planetside and Planetside 2 I'm thinking. And all for under 1500 or so.

Zu

11. Sentrosi

Officer
    Hmmmm,
    Seems a little overpriced if you ask me. I don't know how you feel about building your own PC. I'm a little tired right now (its midnight as I post this) to put something together for you, but if you want me to give a shot and see what I can come up with I'll be more than happy to do so.

12. Sentrosi,

I have no doubt it is overpriced, but my wife gets twitchy when I talk about getting something built special. And since she is now the major bread winner (yes, I can honestly say I am a kept man, heh) I'll stick with the Alienware. I appreciate the offer, though.

Zu

13. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    TB and I have both bought great systems from iBuyPower - I'd recommend them! :D

14. Hamma,

Thanks, I'll go take a look. I've been over at planetside universe this morning catching up on planetside 2 material. Lots of interesting info. I also went to the bookstore and tried to snag a copy of pc gamer, but they were sold out.

Zu

15. Hi rangzim, I'm a possible new recruit. Just thought I'd stop by to say hello and such. That system you put up shouldn't have any problems with PS2 on High settings at all, and I think it could run most things on max assuming that PS2 is at minimum optimized as well as BF3 (I think it'll be better). I'd like to have some of the parts you listed, still gimped by the university student budget and using a gtx 460 card and i5 processor. Hope to see you in CDL/PS2
    -Blue

16. Blueshift,

Hello, good to meet you. I've checked out the website suggested by Hamma and I will probably go there to buy my new computer. Lots of nice extras and tons of options not available through Dell/Alienware. I can get all the logitech stuff with the computer that I want, plus a bigger monitor for under 1400. So at least a couple of hundred under the Dell/Alienware prices for a comparable system.

Zu

17. Yeah, my friend used Ibuypower to build his computer about 2 months ago with no problems, so I can recommend them as well. I got my monitor (22 inch or so) from newegg.com a while back while I saw one on sale. You could check out what they have, too, if you want.
    -blue

18. Tbeast

Tbeast Recruitment Officer Officer Elder

Officer
    :jawdrop:
    '
    Sup Zu , glad to hear from ya and everything is going good :)

19. Thronebeast,

Great to see you're still alive and kicking you old rascal! We ancient ones have to stick together you know. :)

Well, I have to say I wasn't able to wait and decided to get my new gaming computer. Just ordered today (see below). I also ordered another mobile internet key since I am in an area of Anchorage where dsl is limited to 320k down and 240 up. I would have gone with cable but they charge an arm and a leg and several body organs I don't want to lose in overage charges. The dsl company doesn't charge over your limit, they just cut your speed way back once you hit your limit.

Unlike the lower 48 in the east, we got dumped on with snow up here. January was one of the coldest months on record and we are now only 3 inches away from the all time snow record for a season. As it is, this is the heaviest snow dump (130 inches) in 57 years. But still better than my old hometown of Valdez which right now is sitting at 450 inches or so for the season so far. Apparently it's all due to a blocking high that moved south from Greenland and kept the jetstream way north this winter.

Anyway, looking forward to working with the dragonwolves again if you guys are still interested in old codgers like me.

Zu
    =========================================
    Zu's new computer - 1377 from ibuypower

Case: NZXT Source 210 Gaming Case - White
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2550K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
    Processor Cooling: Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155] - ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade
    Memory: 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - 2GB - Single Card
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3
    Primary Hard Drive: 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
    Monitor: 24" LED 1920x1080 -- Sceptre E246W-1080P (23.6 viewable)

Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard
    Logitech G500 Dual-Mode Scroll Wheel Laser Gaming Mouse
    Logitech G330 Gaming Headset

20. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Yikes...

Well, snow is foreign to us people in Georgia. :lol:

We are certainly looking forward to getting you integrated Zu. Hey, I seem to remember you as being somewhat of a tactician. Am I mistaken in this? Be careful how you answer this question, because I am searching for a Divisional Ops Officer. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.