1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

My god, it's finally here!

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Hyncharas, 1 Apr 2004.

1. About a year ago when I first joined Dragonwolves, and saw this area of the Forums for games with online capability, I talked about a product called Neocron:

[​IMG]

It was a far more persistent world than PlanetSide compares to, with features that made it off the charts. In a way, parts of it mirrors the potential of Lineage II, except it is based in an apocalyptic Earth about 800 years in the future (give or take, I forget the exact number). It's also a lot more adjustable in terms of skill-learning, and character customisation included the use of drugs, implants, and the construction of previously undesigned equipment and weaponry.

Oh, and there were uh...some, other... things :D :

[​IMG]

Back before I was contemplating the purchase of PlanetSide, there was an expansion pack in development for it that would further the storyline, and at the same time upgrade the graphics engine to DX9 standards. For 10 months, myself and the rest of the Neocron community watched and waited, hoping that it would be released, but nothing happened... until now:

[​IMG]

Now the testing phase of the expansion 'Beyond Dome of York' has reached a critical stage, and in a few weeks, versions will be released for both existing and new customers.

If you want a more involving and 'evolving' experience (along with all the things that Sony probably won't release for PS for some time), or you just want a break from the same Everquest-style environments, this is definitely the game for you.

Full information about Neocron and its expansion pack can be found at the offcial game-website:
    http://www.neocron.com

Last edited: 2 Apr 2004
  2. I played the neocron beta, and despite having to spend countless hours killing rats in the sewers, once you got to a decent level you could actually get some pretty cool stuff. The economy in that was crazy, high level players would buy "chitin" one of the easiest items to aquire in the game from low-level players for large amounts of cash, so they could use it to increase their reclycling skill. Frankly I thought that wored out pretty well. Also the game was very immersive, with the tram stations, the radio broadcasts and such. I also loved having my own apartment, It was somewhere I could come "home" to after playing. On the last day of the beta I had a Psi monk and I decided to leave the city, so i wandered in the wastes for a while until a found some kind of fortress, then there was some kind of control node inside it. I couldnt "capture" it because I probably needed hacking skill or something, but it was cool enough. I would definitely look into this game again.

3. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

:thumbsup:

4. Yeah I was wondering how long it was going to take before they noticed that feature...

5. ORANGE

ORANGE DragonWolf

monthly fees??

6. There are three monthly fees you can have:

1 Month - $9.95
    3 Months - $24.95
    6 Months - $44.95

Naturally, the testing for this game occured in the US, so the prices are the same values no matter what country you're in.

7. The official release date for NEOCRON: Beyond Dome of York has now been posted... 1st September 2004.

As a result, a little porblem has happened, as Twilight-Guardian.info explains: