1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Reddit AMA with Star Citizens [REDACTED] FPS Team

Discussion in 'Star Citizen Public Discussion' started by NuclearMessiah, 24 Oct 2014.

1. Last edited: 24 Oct 2014
  2. I will copy and and paste of all the question later for those that don't look.

3. DroopyPanda 14 points 34 minutes ago

Nice! I'm really looking forward to this part of Star Citizen. What kinds of unique weaponry will there be? Also, will there be an option to play in Third person as well?

SC-FPS-Team[S] 41 points 27 minutes ago

Tons of weapons, ballistics, energy based, air based, radiation based, you name it! there won't be any third person though, the fps mechanics are very intense and tactical, third person gameplay allows players to look around corners and stuff without the danger of revealing themselves.

4. almost2lucid 11 points 32 minutes ago

I've been so excited about this game since I first saw the kickstarter, and it's only continued to keep my interest. How much will FPS gameplay be part of the finished game? Will it be optional, or something you'll wind up having to do during the game?

SC-FPS-Team[S] 17 points 26 minutes ago

Squadron 42 has missions with FPS mechanics. The persistent universe and the fps module are 2 seperate things as well. I'd imagine you wouldn't have to do too much of it in the PU if you didn't want to.

5. KallMor 11 points 30 minutes ago

Hi [REDACTED]. What kind of modularity will weapons (Pistols, Rifles, ect) have? Can we customize them inside and out, or just externally? Extreme customization details like stacking different types of the same caliber rounds in a magazine, or adding a longer/heavier barrel?

SC-FPS-Team[S] 15 points 24 minutes ago

There will be attachments for weapons and different ammo types, the amount of customization will vary based on the weapon.

6. Hammertoss 23 points 31 minutes ago

What games are you drawing mechanical inspiration from?

SC-FPS-Team[S] 44 points 24 minutes ago

A mixture of Counter-Strike, Rainbow Six, Arma, Delta Force, Kill Zone

7. almost2lucid 14 points 35 minutes ago

I've been so excited about this game since I first saw the kickstarter, and it's only continued to keep my interest. How much will FPS gameplay be part of the finished game? Will it be optional, or something you'll wind up having to do during the game?

SC-FPS-Team[S] 22 points 28 minutes ago

Squadron 42 has missions with FPS mechanics. The persistent universe and the fps module are 2 seperate things as well. I'd imagine you wouldn't have to do too much of it in the PU if you didn't want to.

ActionPlanetRobot 7 points 27 minutes ago

Except when you're trying to board and take over a ship, right?

SC-FPS-Team[S] 23 points 24 minutes ago

You could always hire other players and sit back in your ship drinking tea while they do the dirty work :)

8. krasavchik69 35 points 33 minutes ago

For ship boarding, what have you all come up with for actually entering other ships e.g. cutting through the hull, forcing hatches, shooting out the windows, etc.?

SC-FPS-Team[S] 39 points 23 minutes ago

you can cut through the hull, sneak on board through many mischievous techniques, blasting hatches, etc. entry points are very carefully chosen, however. essentially they're 'vulnerable' points of a ship/station. Windows are generally extremely fortified.

9. manny22 26 points 33 minutes ago

Can you give an insight on how the cover system will work? Will cover be destructible?

SC-FPS-Team[S] 23 points 22 minutes ago

there will be some destruction but its not a key component as most of the environments are, well, solid metal :) cover has a smooth interpolation system that will allow players do all the various moves they would expect in cover (lean/peek/crouch/move in cover/etc.)

10. pjazzy 12 points 30 minutes ago

What is the timeline for the FPS module release? Is it going to be upgraded incrementally?

SC-FPS-Team[S] 21 points 22 minutes ago

The FPS module will be released early next year and receive continuous updates.

11. I will post the rest when I get home for work :)

12. SGTHACK

SGTHACK DragonWolf

Nice find, thank you!!

13. antedoX

antedoX DragonWolf

Coolio!