1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Ingwë, 2 Dec 2006.

1. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

I am really really really looking forward to this movie coming to theaters in a few months. 300 is based off of Frank Miller's (the same person who did Sin City) graphic novel. This graphic novel is about the historic Battle of Thermopylae, where 300 Spartans fought hundreds of thousands Persian soldiers. While the movie and the comic have "fantasy-ized" the event, the movie looks incredible.

I suggest watching the trailer here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/300/hd/

2. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    I've seen that trailer and each time I do I drool in anticipation of this movie. The strategy the Spartans used in the Battle of Thermopylae is still being taught at West Point. I often felt the same way the Spartans did during the heydays of Planetside. Not that we were going to lose (insert objective here) but that we were going to inflict so much pain and suffering against the enemy that they would turn back.

3. In Ogame there is a clan called 300 Spartans. We have an NAP with them and their leader has asked to be Allies.
    I don't know the level of their organizational skills or tactical knowledge - so I'm keeping it at an NAP - at least for the time being...
    ;^)

~PM~

4. First time I've seen the preview...all I can say is wow.

5. Ground Chuk

Ground Chuk BANNED

Like the old saying goes "It's not the size of the man in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the man".

6. i am expecting another troy... will probably still see it tho :p